𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐚𝐬𝐤

─────▕⃝⃤─────

After returning to the castle, just at twilight, Harry patiently waited in front of the entrance to the Slytherin common room for exactly 30 minutes until someone finally had the kindness to inform Astria. Her fellow students were, frankly, unbearable. When she finally emerged, they began teasing her again, blowing mock kisses in the air. A glass in Daphne's hand shattered, and Draco, irritated, abruptly stood up and went to the boys' dormitory. Honestly, what was wrong with them?

Harry was summoned to visit Hagrid, who apparently had something important to show both of them. With that, Harry draped the Invisibility Cloak over their heads, and the two of them stealthily left.

The gardens were shrouded in deep darkness. With cautious steps, they made their way toward the lights illuminating Hagrid's hut. Inside the enormous Beauxbatons carriage, the light shone brightly, and Madame Maxime could be heard conversing inside as they knocked on Hagrid's door.

"Is that you, Harry? And have you brought Astria?" Hagrid whispered as he opened the door, looking around cautiously.

"Hello, Rubeus," Astria greeted as she entered the hut, while Harry removed the Cloak from their heads. "What's going on?"
Hagrid was visibly excited, sporting a flower that resembled an oversized artichoke on his lapel. His hair was disheveled, as if he were trying to tame it, with tangled combs stuck in the strands.

"I've got something to show you two," announced Hagrid.

"What are you going to show us?" Harry asked cautiously.

"Come with me, keep quiet, and use the cloak," instructed Hagrid. "We won't take Canine; he won't like it."

They had to run to keep up with Hagrid's long strides as he led them toward the Beauxbatons carriage. "Hagrid, what...?"

"Shhh!" he interrupted, tapping the door three times with crossed golden wands.

Madame Maxime opened the door, wearing a silk shawl that draped over her imposing shoulders. She smiled upon seeing Hagrid.
"Ah, Agrrid... Ie thought you wouldn't come... zat you had forgotten me."

"Bomt soir," Hagrid said with a terrible French accent, smiling at her and offering his arm to escort her down the golden steps. "I would never forget you, my dear Olympia."

Madame Maxime closed the door, Hagrid offered his arm, and the two of them walked away, circling the paddock that housed Madame Maxime's gigantic winged horses. Astria and Harry exchanged glances, struggling to contain their laughter as they followed closely behind, puzzled by the situation, which forced them to run due to the giants' long legs.

As they continued to walk, Astria felt growing irritation because it was getting later and if they were caught, she would be in trouble. Hagrid clearly had some peculiar plan in mind, but he seemed more interested in Madame Maxime than in explaining what was happening.

When they were far enough from the castle and the lake came out of sight, Harry nudged Astria in the ribs.

"Up ahead... what is that?" he asked. Sounds of men shouting could be heard, followed by a deafening roar. Hagrid had Madame Maxime go around a bush and stopped.

They hurried to join the two of them, and for a brief moment, Astria thought she saw bonfires and men running around them. Then, with her jaw dropping, she realized they were dragons.

Five adult dragons, massive and fierce, stood on their hind legs within a enclosure made of thick wooden planks. They roared and snorted, unleashing torrents of fire that reached fifteen meters into the night sky.Their eyes were wild, with vertical pupils, wide with fear or anger, it was hard to tell which.