GN!Reader ┆ ✦ Nightmares of The Past

◤━━━━━━━━━━━◥

                           - Your best friend is whimpering in his sleep

                        - Your best friend is whimpering in his sleep. Worried for him, you decide to enter the archives and wake him up..

                         ◣━━━━━━━━━━━◢

                          "...Trailblazer.. Trail— Trailblazer.."

He whimpered for you. Shadows hung at every corner of the location, the ground coated in flowers of crimson. The echoing voice of a deranged Stellaron Hunter filled his ears. He loathed to hear the sound. The smell of herbal tea filled his nostrils, memories flooding into his mind; memories that were not his.

Footsteps reverberated in the strange, foreign landscape. All the trembling boy could do was listen. There was no sign of his pursuer materializing. The sounds remained a shadow of his true enemy, who seemed to be tormenting him for fun. Nightmares of his predecessor were quite normal, yet he had never experienced one quite like this before. The terror welled inside of him. His sides heaved.
Before long, all he could hear was the taunting voice of Blade. The rage in the Stellaron Hunter's tone sent Dan Heng's knees crumbling beneath the weight of his terror.
Blade's voice seemed to draw nearer, mumbling into his earlobe just inches away. Yet no one was anywhere in sight.
Although a dream, Dan Heng was wholeheartedly convinced this dreamscape was reality. As he stared into his palms, almost as though he could see himself; short, slightly messy black hair and blue-gray eyes. His head grew heavy. His eyes fought back bitter tears, wishing not to give in with Blade's heavy gaze still on the back of his neck. His heart thundered, skipping several beats. On his knees, Dan Heng blindly felt between the blades of grass in his twisted nightmare. A single point, sharp and cold, ran down Dan Heng's clothes, threatening to tear straight through his back and emerge from his chest.
Sweat turned Dan Heng's clammy body sticky as his vision swam. His thoughts shrieked and cried, yet he could do neither. He began coughing, his digits balling into tight fists. His knuckles drained of color, leaving bloodless skin and bone in its wake.

"Please, make.. make it stop."

Whined the unconscious Vidyadhara from inside of the archive room. The entire Astral Express had been asleep for quite some time. However, you were awoken by a strange and omnipresent sense of anxiety and bone-chilling terror. The emotion drove you out of your bedroom, caving to the horrific feeling and pacing the hall of the express.

You entered the dark archive room, where a mattress laid neatly upon the floor. Awkward and anxious as is, you quietly latched the door shut behind yourself. Your footsteps seemed to have alerted Dan Heng of your presence. He immediately shot up from his mattress, still quietly whimpering incoherent sentences that sounded a lot like your name. The dark-haired beauty had tears soaking his under-eyes. As soon as he blinked, his eyelashes seemed to glue his eyes shut. From there, his chest heaved as he curled into himself.
You stood in utter shock, unsure of how to respond to the situation. You'd never seen Dan Heng undo. It was a horrible sight. His hair and clothes were a mess. Each breath of his was hiccuped between tears and quiet sobs as he undid into the palms of his hands. It was as though he'd suffocate himself.