GN!Reader ┆ ✦ Being Held Headcanons

◤━━━━━━━━━━━◥

                           - His past screams "touch-deprived" to me

                         ◣━━━━━━━━━━━◢

                                               🪷;

                       How does he react?

• When you drew him for a gentle embrace, he was absolutely stunned. He remained still, unsure of how else to react.

• You then began petting his head, tending to him with affection that nobody else has given him before. Everything he is familiar with was only directed at his predecessor.

• Intense doubt. Was this really for him? Or did you just want something?

• Upon being reassured that you truly meant it, he didn't really know what else to do with himself but cling to you and savor a moment where all of his pain faded to the back of his mind.

• His expression changed from neutral to soft. His pupils immediately grew twice their original size.

                                               🪷;

                       How did he feel?

• Dan Heng felt a mix of jumbled emotions.

• He can't describe it whatsoever. It was more prominently relieved, like a long waging war had finally concluded. For awhile, his inner battles had been lulled into a calm slumber.

• Then followed a wave of intense happiness. Like he'd finally done something right.

                                               🪷;

                How would he ask for physical affection?

• He probably wouldn't at first. His personality seems to be that of very few words, so directly asking to be held seems wildly out of character for him.

• Maybe he would touch your hand with his, attempting to interlock his fingers with yours. He'd probably be clueless as to how to initiate physical affection properly— but maybe he could figure it out, one awkward step at a time.

                                               🪷;

                        How would he like to be held?

• Laying on his side with you hugging his head and petting his hair, just enjoying one another's company. He may even lay his head upon your chest.

• Although he is the Astral Express's guard, Dan Heng occasionally likes feeling protected. When he is in your arms, he does not dream of the horrifying shadows of Dan Feng. He feels safe.

• Since Vidyadhara use forehead-touching as a hello, I feel that Dan Heng would be a sucker for forehead kisses. It relaxes him to nothing but a mushy puddle every time without fail.

                                               🪷;

                        How does he sleep in your arms?

• Undisturbed and content.

• He could barely keep his eyes open once you began petting his hair. He definitely had undying gratitude towards you when he woke up.

                                               🪷;

                       Bonus!

• Dan Heng tends to cuddle up to the warmth of the train's engine(mentioned in Pom-Pom's voicelines "about Dan Heng").

• Since he had you, he grasped onto you like hell. He had no idea how good being loved felt. Feeling and experiencing warmth from another person was new to him— perhaps he flinched a few times and maybe almost cried for the first few minutes. But eventually, he learned that letting his guard down wasn't such a scary concept.

• He found safety.