GN!Reader ┆ ✦ As Long As He's Safe

╰┈➤ After all of the horrid events of Penacony, you're thrilled to finally see Aventurine once again

╰┈➤ After all of the horrid events of Penacony, you're thrilled to finally see Aventurine once again. You may have almost died, but as long as he's safe, it is all worth it.

                         2.2 SPOILERS!!!
─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

        A tarot card passed over your vision, shielding you from the dizzying sights of the world distorting around you. Adrenaline numbed your every move, your breaths hitching in your throat. The cold of the Dreampool began to encase your body, but you pushed past it as you hurtled yourself out of the bathtub. Your clothes dripped with the liquids as though it were water on a hydrophobic surface. As you raced out of your room, you abandoned Black Swan, who was astounded that you'd push past her in such a way. In your hurry, you screamed one name— "Aventurine". Your breaths were short fits of excitement as you raced up to his room door, where two IPC guards had been stationed.

"Sorry, off limits—"
"Move." You demanded, tossing both of the guards aside before bursting into the dark room. There he was. The blond stood in the light of the Dreampool, his eyes fixated upon it. He didn't seem to pay any mind to you at first.
You wasted no time. You choked out his name between overjoyed tears and excited laughter. Aventurine slowly turned on his heels, and when he was prompted with your overjoyed expression, he melted into a soft smile. "Hi. Sorry for scaring you." He said, his tone a bit shaky.
"Forget it." You told him. You approached him. For just a moment, there was lights. There were stars, shining deep within his typically dead eyes. In those gorgeous eyes, there was a ray of hope and joy that had never been there before.

In the midst of his emotions, Aventurine wrapped you up in his embrace. You squeezed him, inhaling his delicate and expensive perfume. "I missed you so much!" You cried.
Aventurine let out a laugh. For the first time in your entire time of knowing him, this was his first genuine laugh. "I missed you too." He confessed, burying his face in your shoulder.
You laughed in spite of the tears rolling down your face. "You crazy son of a bitch, you actually did it."
"I thought I was at the end," he confessed with a soft snort. "That was hasty, though, wasn't it?"
You shook your head. "It doesn't matter. As long as you're safe." You took a step back, beaming at him.
Aventurine nodded his head, afterwards peering at the IPC agents that you had effortlessly taken down.

"Good heavens," murmured Aventurine. "Those aren't any typical goons." He added.
You shrugged. "They were in my way."
He laughed a bit. "Maybe try not to hurt my guards next time..?" He suggested.
"Maybe try not to fake your death next time." You nudged him with your elbow.
Aventurine laughed as he returned your playful gesture. "It wasn't faking, per se."

But that was only the beginning of a long overdue reunion. Beyond that sweet, gentle dream, lay a love that was waiting impatiently to be awakened. The dust had finally been cleared, and with it, came a shimmering jewel unlike any other— the Aventurine. What a precious gem. A suiting name for a precious someone.