GN!Reader ┆ ✦ Arlan's Smile [ Short Chapter ]

You sat upon a metal bench in the Master Control Zone, stretching your limbs out with a quiet yawn

You sat upon a metal bench in the Master Control Zone, stretching your limbs out with a quiet yawn. Beside you sat Arlan, the head of security. He placed his elbows upon his knees, gazing at the lemon cake you made him. He simply stared at it. Its squared shape of lemon-custard, neatly spread out on gently baked pie crust, seemed to appeal more to his eye than his stomach. You're well aware that if he wanted one, he could simply make it himself(given his kitchen skills). Nonetheless, you wanted to bake him something special. You took pride in the way the confectionery sugar neatly dusted the top of the custard, giving it a sweet taste.
You've tried your own baking prior. The essence of sweet and savory rolling over your tongue confuses your tastebuds so much, you become enthralled in consuming more.

Although you're not confident in your culinary skills, let alone baking, you felt somewhat secure with this. If anything, you may be able to label it a masterpiece.
You blinked thrice as you zoned back in. Your stare held onto Arlan, who had just begun to bite into the pie..
It made you think back to a past conversation you had with a fellow researcher.

He rarely ever smiles, unless he's around his puppy. It scares me, honestly.

But this— this is glorious.

It blinded you completely. A smile so genuine, your heart imploded with thunderous beats. A smile so contagious, your entire body froze. Your eyes could only widen and stare. The stray bit of pie crust lingering near the corner of his lip brought a heart-warmed smile to your face.
Arlan's entire complexion had lifted with pure bliss as he relished in each moment of enjoying the pie. The vibrant tastes of lemon, savory and indescribable, filled his mouth entirely. Shortly after that, welcomed the mellow essence of sugar. The sweetness cancelled out the sourness, but left his mind whirling with the tastes. His brain apparently could not decipher the vivid tastes of both sour and sweet.

The more you stared, the worse your heart pounded. All the while, your eyes picked out each and every feature belonging to Arlan, and only Arlan. His gorgeous lips were plump and hydrated. Each time the lights shifted from his movements, your mind tugged with how kissable he looked. The unique coloration of his irises left you shell-shocked the moment they lit up. How bright they shone— like thousands of tiny, dazzling spotlights upon the surface of calm, neon-pink waters.

"Arlan—"
You grabbed his face in your hands as soon as he finished the pie. Appearing confused, he simply gazed into your eyes with evident awkwardness and concern.
"I fucking love you. Everything about you, okay?"

"Okay..? I-I love you too."

It all became too much to handle. You tackled him, showering him in savory kisses at every possible angle. You cared not if Asta would watch, nor the other researchers. If they wished to, you invited them to. Hopefully they'd learn to stare and admire Arlan for every single quality of his— and there are just too many to count. The possibilities are endless. So damn endless, it makes you want to get lost counting each and every perfection to him.

But alas, work still exists. When duty called, both Arlan and yourself prepared to return to your work.
Not without you giving him suffocatingly prolonged smooches, though. His lips on yours felt heavenly as his fingertips began to glide up your neck, his hands nearing your jawline before you finally were forced to pry away for oxygen. After laughing off the near-death experience, you quickly said goodbye to Arlan.
He hurried to give you one last kiss goodbye.

Suddenly, work isn't so bad.