GN!Reader ┆ ✦ Love

╰┈➤ You have been patient with Aventurine when it boils down to affection, knowing what he has been through

          ╰┈➤ You have been patient with Aventurine when it boils down to affection, knowing what he has been through. But this time, he initiated the slow process of healing. Maybe he is ready to experience your tender love.

                       *IMPLIED* SA WARNING!!!
.
.
.
Happy ending <3
                          ─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

    With patience, there is answers. You and Aventurine are both aware of your feelings towards one another, and while that feeling of deeply rooted attraction and devotion is mutual, it was evident that Aventurine wasn't ready to accept your affection just yet. Whenever your hand neared his, you could practically cut the tension with a knife. You sensed that some part of his past was creating a wall between you and him, but you couldn't figure out how to climb it, and eventually, bring it down. You recalled chatting with many individuals about it, but the one who held the truest answer was Himeko. The knowledgable Astral Express navigator said something so simple, yet so eye-opening.
"Maybe you shouldn't be the one to take that wall down."
You listened closely to Himeko's advice, and from there, you took it slowly with Aventurine. He was willing to brush his hand against yours, but nothing more. It seemed as though physical touch always put him on edge, as if he wasn't already. So, you kept a safe distance to maintain a simple concept of respect. You kept his body language and boundaries in mind while teetering across the threateningly thin rope that is Aventurine's emotional state.

In your hotel room at the Penacony Reviere, there was a gentle yet muffled radio sound emitting from behind the thick door. As you entered the room, you realized that you accidentally left the radio on while you were out adventuring. You quickly approached the round table, shutting the radio off with a soft sigh. You planned to get yourself on the couch to sleep off the tasking hours of the day. Before you could even step away from the radio, the door to your hotel room hesitantly cracked open. The hinges lightly squeaked in dismay as the door was pushed open, revealing a blond haired IPC member. His uniquely colored eyes gazed you up and down before he spoke. "Sorry, did I come at a bad time?" Asked Aventurine, his frame slowly backing out of the doorway.
"No, no," you eagerly gestured for him to enter the room. "Come here! I just got back myself." You told him, backing away from the radio to focus on Aventurine. Such a beautiful person gracing your eyes felt like you were trapped in the Dreamscape, and to be honest, you never wanted to leave— corny as that is.
Aventurine quietly shut the door behind himself. Since you gave him a key to your room, you were expecting more visits similar to this. However, Aventurine rarely seized the opportunity. You were happy to see him stepping out of his comfort zone, but of course, you'd rather not force things.

"Oh, really? How is everyone?" Aventurine questioned while taking slow and hesitant steps towards you. Noticing this, you decided to relax your breaths and gently smile at him.
With a soft chuckle, you replied in a gentle voice. "They're happy to be here. Penacony really is a beautiful place. How about you? How was your casino trip today?" You softly questioned.
Aventurine didn't reply. Instead, he slowly pressed himself against you with his arms slowly snaking around you. Shocked by this sudden advancement, you began to gingerly embrace him in return. "Are you okay?" You whispered into his ear.
He immediately jolted back with nothing but panic in his round eyes. Aventurine, evidently startled by the whispers directly into his ear, slowly shook his head as he composed himself. "Ahem. Sorry about that."
You nodded your head. "It's okay, take your time. My love can wait for as long as you need to accept it." You reassured him, and that reassurance was all he needed.