GN!Reader * w/Dr. Ratio┆ ✦ To Your Eternity

╰┈➤ You lost everything

╰┈➤ You lost everything. And with your everything, your soul followed, never to be seen again— to join The Harmony.

                              2.0 SPOILERS!!!
─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

     After five years of being separated, three friends reunited. Their hearts beat in rhythm. All of their pains ebbed away as they playfully laughed about whatever they used to do as young sparks. But eventually, sparks die out. With great pain, one suffers. On and on, until nothing is left, and all that is left is the final walk to a perfect resting place. To eternal peace, a place where you cannot follow.

The charcoal colored water churned beneath your feet as you awoke within a monochrome location unfamiliar to you. You knew what happened. The realization sunk in so horribly, leaving bitter salt lining your eyes. Your best friend, Veritas Ratio, was forced to hold your shrieking and crying body back as you fought to rescue your love— but alas, it was his time, and thus, an Enamator saw him off. His everything succeeded. Peace, at long last.
Your heart ached within your chest, where it thundered like it was on its last leg. In truth, it was. Your physical form was resting with what was left of Aventurines' body, cradling onto it and sobbing despite being practically deceased.

"Ugh.."

Upon hearing his voice, you raced forth. You didn't know where, but you could feel his presence. That comforting presence that you had so desperately chased until the very end. You could barely see past your tears as you collided into Aventurine, embracing him like it was the last time you'd ever see him— and it was. He quickly returned your embrace, placing his cheek upon your shoulder. "..did I succeed?" His feeble voice questioned.
You squeezed him desperately. "Yes, yes— you did." You exhaled tears as you buried your face in Aventurines' shoulder.
"So, why are you crying..?" His voice trailed off as he seemed to gather the rest by himself, afterwards falling silent.

"I'm so sorry. I'm sorry I couldn't save you." You said between violent sobs that choked you. Your throat was so dry that it pained you. Your expression was knitted as your chin wrinkled to succumb to tears.
Aventurine sighed as he smiled, patting your back. "It's not your fault," he softly said. "But, if you're here, you're probably coming with me.. aren't you?"
Stifling an audible sob, resulting in a high-pitched squeak escaping your lips instead, you squeezed Aventurines' cold figure against yourself like your life depended on it. "No. You're going somewhere where me and Veritas will never see.. You'll— you'll go in peace..!"
Your cries seemed to deeply hurt him. Before you knew it, Aventurine was audibly tearing up. His voice grew nasally as he forced a choked response. "..oh. Maybe one day, we'll have the chance to meet again.."
"I hope so." You replied as you bawled onto Aventurines' shoulder for the first and final time.

Before you knew it, Aventurines' figure was slipping through your hands. He backed away from you before showing you a genuine smile, one that you seldom ever laid eyes upon. Your sobs escalated beyond control as you saw what death brought to him— such peace was something his living self could never have achieved. Death was truly his sweet release. However, for you and Ratio, it meant living the rest of your lives with only one another left. While you know Ratio will pretend not to feel devastation, you know him better than that. Beneath the surface, he will never be the same. A piece of you and Ratio left with Aventurine, who turned to face you with his smile stretching from one side of his face to the other. A single teardrop fell from his eye as he waved his farewells to you, headed towards the other side that warmly embraced him.

With Aventurines' bittersweet smile, your soul seemed to follow. Your chest had been carved out and left hollow and bleeding. When your eyes finally opened to reality, the Aventurine in your hands was dull. Your Aventurine had moved on, in complete darkness, but no longer in pain. With this priceless gem in your hands, you stared deep into Ratios' eyes. You managed to choke out his name, but nothing more. For the first time, you watched the composed genius—Veritas Ratio— shed bitter tears over the corpse of his old friend. Embracing as a trio, now downed to two, you bawled while Ratios' stony expression occasionally wavered as tears threatened to fall from his amber eyes.

"Rest in peace." You sobbed as you nestled your face in his blond hair for one final time. This feeling that you once had was now gone forever. Not even in death will you reunite.
As much as it shocked you, Ratio curled up over his deceased friend and allowed himself to shed genuine tears.