GN!Reader ┆ ✦ Welcome Back, My Dear Wife

◤━━━━━━━━━━━◥

                          - The world of Honkai seemed so vast

- The world of Honkai seemed so vast. Alas, your lover left it far too soon. Himeko, beloved teacher and adoring wife, had passed away tragically while teaching young Kiana her last lesson.
Yet, here.. her flame is rekindled.

◣━━━━━━━━━━━◢

                                        The universe is vast and unpredictable. Sometimes, it does things that make absolutely no sense. Mortal life can barely comprehend their existence as is. Once it is cut short, mortals often cannot withstand the grief. Unfortunately, you are no exception.

Several years ago, during a cloudy battle, your beloved wife had passed away. The worst part was that you weren't there to witness her final words; you were seconds too late. When you arrived, all you saw was Kiana. That horrendous child.
As for your gorgeous wife— her prized sword was shattered as though it was made of nothing but cheap clay. She was pale and limp, her very body steaming from the force of the battle. She had won. But at what cost?

Everything was gone. You didn't care if you died, all you wished to do was find her body and say goodbye. But you never got to. Everything collapsed around you before you could even say goodbye.
You could feel your body and soul being crushed and torn apart while crying out her name..

                                        "Darling?"

Your eyes shot open. A dark world came flooding into your vision. Everywhere surrounding you was covered in a thick sheet of pure snow. Your exposed skin had turned reddened, possibly festering frostbite. Everything was numb and tingly like hell. But you heard it.
You heard her.

Your head lifted, "..My love? Is that you? Himeko..? Himeko—!" You cried out to the snow. Tears froze in your tear ducts as you forced yourself through the pelting snowflakes. The balls of ice fell down from your face painfully.
Your eyes squinted against the icy winds that rocked the frozen corpses dotting the plains. Although you could not see her, you prayed she was there. "Please, tell me you're alive.. Himeko! Love..!"

In the snow, there burned a flame. A flame brighter than a thousand suns. Her wavy, cascading hair of red was styled differently— but it was her. She wore a gorgeous dress of white with a unique jacket draped over her shoulder, yet hanging loosely off of one arm. Her amber eyes gazed into your soul, finding her way back into your heart. "It's been awhile." Her familiar voice strangled you as tears poured down your cheeks.

You staggered towards her like a freezing zombie before hurtling yourself at her. Himeko yelled with surprise as she was knocked backwards, flopping into the thick snow with an audible thump.
Her warmth flooded over your freezing body as you clutched onto her, sobbing into her clothes. "..My love! It really is you! Oh, Himeko— Himeko! I missed you so much—!"
Himeko's hand found its way onto the back of your head as she returned your embrace. She buried her face into your hair. "I'm here. Alive and well."
You lifted your head, instantly uniting your lips with hers. Her familiar taste and feeling washed over you like a tsunami.

She smelled so heavily of coffee. Dark, rich coffee grinds. The scent somehow soothed you. Once you broke free from the intense kiss, you placed your forehead against her and shut your eyes. "Himeko. Tell me we aren't dead, please."
"Haha, you aren't dead." Her tone was laced over with tears as she began to cry. "I'm here. I'm so happy I found you—"

You cupped her face in your hands. Her hair had dispersed amidst the snow like a flickering ember. She looked gorgeous. "You're just as beautiful as the day I lost you."
Himeko expression contorted as tears began to flow down the sides of her face. She then placed a delicate kiss on your forehead. "Same to you, my dear.."

After a brief moment of somber hugging, you decided you shouldn't leave her in the snow. You forced yourself up in spite of the tremor in your legs. You then offered her your hands, hoisting her onto her own two feet. Himeko then stared deep into your eyes. Her expression softened like never before. She slid her hand onto the side of your face, placing her opposite hand on your shoulder.
You then placed your hand on the back of her head, bringing her into yet another embrace. She wrapped her arms around your neck, smushing her body close to yours.

Whilst euphoria overwhelmed you, you seized hold of her waist, lifting her high above your head with an ear-to-ear grin. "My wife~!" You hollered with pure joy.
Now laughing over her tears, Himeko placed her hands upon your shoulders as you spun yourself around. Her flow-y dress of white hugged her figure perfectly. She was just as perfect as before.

Once you'd set her down on her feet, you opened your mouth to speak.
"Oh, Love!" Himeko shouted abruptly. "I have something to show you. But first.."
She slowly lifted the sides of her dress skirt while she got down on one knee, presenting you with nothing but her hands. However, you did not need rings of gold. You immediately placed your hands into hers. "Will you take me as your wife again?" Asked she.
"Do you even have to ask?" You knelt before her to embrace her one more time.
She buried her face in your neck. "No, but I figured I should anyway."

Before you knew it, Himeko was back to hoisting you up onto your feet. She took your freezing hand in hers. With a gentle and gorgeous smile, she guided you throughout the snowy field. In that moment, you saw her. Your wife's previous incarnation. She would always drag you around. Back then, you were quite apathetic. You gave up easily and wanted to do nothing but sleep. But after she came along, it seemed as though you never wanted to sleep again— unless it was with her.
You'd done so much with her. At first, you suspected that she wouldn't recall a thing about it. But seeing her get down on one knee, just as she had back then, proved everything you knew to be wrong.

Your journey was over. It had finally reached its destination, and its satisfying close. You found it. You found her— you found home. You needed not the massive train she showed you, or the passengers that came with it, nor the adventures this train would take you on. All you needed was her. With you there, she would never suffer an ill-fate ever again. You'd sacrifice yourself in every world, every universe, and every lifetime just to take her into your arms— as your lover, your best friend, your favorite person, and your beloved wife.