GN!Reader ┆ ✦ Mama's Boy

◤━━━━━━━━━━━◥

                          - Battling against Kafka, Caelus unfortunately falls under her spirit whisper

                          - Battling against Kafka, Caelus unfortunately falls under her spirit whisper. From what you know, he saw something from before he became a Stellaron vessel. Unfortunately, those memories don't seem to hold positive emotions with them. You rush to comfort Caelus as a result.

THERE ARE GUNS, VIOLENCE, AND BLOOD IN THIS CHAPTER!

                         ◣━━━━━━━━━━━◢

                                        "Caelus—!"

Voices distantly cried out for him. A voice he didn't recognize. The voice was so tender, it felt as though a favorable day of spring had been given a human voice. The feminine voice was so cautious with their pronunciation, forcing themself to dampen the 'KYE' in his name. It stunned him. Their voice left a warm feeling fluttering within his chest. Longing welled up in his eyes. He could see exactly where he was in the present, yet he could not locate the wielder of this voice. Where were they?
Everything felt cold apart from his thigh. Something warm trickled down his skin, absorbing into his pant leg with little issue whatsoever. The most prominent voice was yours. He liked that sound.

"CAELUS! Buddy, now's not the time!"

You desperately yelled. Surrounding you was buildings aboard the Luofu flagship, staggering tall. In their shadows, a snickering woman by the name of Kafka stood. Her burgundy color palette may have been gorgeous against the reds and blues of Cloudford, but her intentions were hardly gorgeous at all.
In her hands, she wielded two impressively sized guns. Her arsenal seemed to be never-ending. At this point, you were fighting alone. Your companion, Caelus, had spaced out abruptly.
He was frozen in place, his feet glued to the ground of Cloudford as his hand slightly extended towards something that ceased to exist. His eyes of petrifying yellow shimmered helplessly as he rapidly blinked. A faint droplet of water glided down Caelus's cheek as he simply stared out at nothingness.

Kafka's heel was first to reveal itself from the shadows. The rest of her body followed shortly after. She smiled wickedly at you, her expression in a teasing sneer. "Hmm, I'm sorry. Your buddy is seeing some things."
"Wha—," you glanced between Kafka and Caelus before taking a step towards him, shielding him behind your body. "What is he seeing? Are you showing him these things?"
Kafka simply grinned tenderly at you, her eyes thinning. "He wouldn't remember it, but it will feel familiar. From back when we were partners. Ah, the good old days."
So much had begun happening, it left your head swirling like a fish in a bowl, pointlessly searching for an escape. As you did this, you hurried to press yourself close to Caelus. His hand extended over your shoulder as his chin wrinkled. His palm was facing Kafka directly, his digits slightly twitching as if he were reaching out to her.
Much to your surprise, Kafka responded by dropping her firearms. You flicked your attention onto Caelus.