GN!Reader ┆ ✦ Final Gambit

╰┈➤ Jade, an IPC executive, offers Aventurine freedom— at the cost of your life

         ╰┈➤ Jade, an IPC executive, offers Aventurine freedom— at the cost of your life. She demands that he must eliminate you to even glimpse freedom. But you're confident, and you don't run or argue.

           MENTIONS OF ABUSE + MURDER!!!
                          SPOILERS FOR 2.1!!!
                                 ─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

       As much as fate can tempt someone, old bonds often force a change to take place. Bonds are beneficial, but for futures, they're killers. To have such an intimate bond with a person meant to suffer together, to prevail together, and finally, to trust one another. Trust was never something that you lacked when it came to Kakavasha. You met him during a casino event that you attended with your family. He was chained up with a burn mark on his neck, but you ignored it. You sat on the carpeted floor with him, giving him a profound sense of hope until it was time to depart. You recall the days where both you and him never knew if you'd see one another again. But with this new offer, all of that would be history, concealed within Kakavasha's shadow.

"Now, little Avgin pet," said a chilling voice. Her presence sent shivers shooting down Kakavasha's spine, yet he stared her deep in her intimidating eyes. "Shoot them." Commanded Jade. Her purple hair whisked against her shoulder as she tossed a pistol upon the floor just before Kakavasha's feet.
He gazed down at it in utter shock. Jade's office was dark, leaving only she and Kakavasha in the spotlight. Kakavasha bent down, taking the firearm in his trembling hand. As soon as he rose, a warm white spotlight blared to life above you, illuminating you as his target. If he wanted freedom, this was it. He'd achieve it with just one bullet. Kakavasha's trembling hands lifted the firearm, its thin nozzle pointed directly at you as though he'd fire.

Jade grinned and snickered under her breath as she observed Kakavasha, trembling and beginning to tear up. His breaths were choked with terror, yet he did his best to conceal it. But you knew. You could see directly beyond his calm act, and you knew he was petrified. He didn't want to do it. He couldn't.
Jade's green gaze landed upon you. "Well? Won't you bid him goodbye?" She asked, her tone directly mocking you.
All you did was shrug your shoulders, barely even entertaining her with eye contact. "Nah, he ain't gonna do it. He's better than that." You replied, gazing deep into Kakavasha's gorgeous eyes that could only be from Sigonia.
By that time, every inch of Kakavasha's body was shaking. You could see beads of sweat gathering on his face, yet you didn't bother feeling intimidated. You knew he wouldn't do it. You were so confident in him that you had zero issues approaching him, even as his finger tensed against the trigger.
"I trust you," you said towards him. "If you make the decision to shoot, I'll accept it. Only do what you can live with." You reminded him. You halted just before Kakavasha, gingerly cradling his hands in yours. You manually lifted his hands, forcing the nozzle of the pistol against your forehead. You shut your eyes.

Your heart was steady. Your breaths weren't shaking, nor was your mind racing. All you felt was trust. You knew that your beloved wouldn't pull the trigger on you, even if Jade offered him everything that he lost to return to him. Kakavasha was less sure of himself, but you knew why. He murdered the man that "owned" him. He feared that he would do the same to you— even if he was in full control. You, however, never flinched. You barely even reacted to his gasps and fits for air as he panicked.
"Kakavasha, choose wi—"

BANG—!

You screeched at the top of your lungs as your eyes shot open. You immediately realized that Kakavasha hadn't shot you, he had flicked the gun on himself and pulled the trigger. Your entire body crashed onto his as your knees fell weak beneath your weight, though you were certain that the bullet missed him.
Jade herself was shocked to her core. She eyed the two that laid on the floor, her expression dropped in surprise. "...you're lucky that they were there, Kakavasha." She commented as she forced herself to her feet. "Fine. You're a gambler at heart: you'll be worth keeping." Said she as she turned her back towards you and Kakavasha.

Kakavasha stared at you with terrified eyes— yet, for a split second, the shines in those dead eyes were burning like an uncontrollable flame. The way his eyes burned with a newfound sense of hope left your bones chilled to the marrow. But this was the outcome of his choice. You helped him to his feet, gazing at him with a broad smile as you cradled his warm hands in yours. The pistol fell to the floor with a metallic clang before you and Kakavasha simply embraced in utter hysterics.

You assumed it was because when one door opens, a window opens.