GN!Reader ┆ ✦ Resting Between Dan Heng's Legs

◤━━━━━━━━━━━◥

                           - You've been lacking sleep recently

                           - You've been lacking sleep recently. You decided to speak with Dan Heng, who happily allowed you to rest between his legs.

                         ◣━━━━━━━━━━━◢

               Sleep was never an option, apparently. The missions flooding in from the three destinations that you have already Trailblazed left you feeling burnt out and hopeless. Every time you attempted to sneak in some time to sleep, you were rudely awoken by a companion in need. Last time, you were sent out on a mission in the Snow Plains on Serval and Gepard's behalf. The mission entailed a battle, where you felt as though your limbs would fall off. Usually, you can defeat enemies of the sort with little issues. However, as of late, you can't seem to perform your usual tactics without faltering.

Your eyelids felt heavy as you forced yourself to walk through the heart of the Xianzhou Luofu. In the sky, there were thousands of glittering stars. The Exalting Sanctum heaved a relaxed sigh, the hustle of Xianzhou natives coming to a slow as night had arrived. The Ambrosial Arbor still stood tall, its leaves of Abundance flipping through the air and soaring to the ground aboard the Luofu flagship.
You paid it little mind as the leaves fell into your hair. Shortly after they landed amidst your hair strands, they burned up and vanished into the atmosphere. Alas, you had one final destination in mind. There, you would bid the master diviner goodbye, then return to the Astral Express.

The path seemed so long and exhausting. Your knees barely could support you. The soles of your shoes dragged along the smooth ground as you hurried towards a starskiff. You quietly stepped into the plant-based vehicle. From there, you accepted a moment of relaxation to yourself. You sat on the railing of the vehicle, your legs dangling off of the side of it. Although illegal, you felt compelled to do it nonetheless.
General Jing Yuan often scolds you for this precise reason. He claims that your fame aboard the Luofu does not exempt you from the law— although most times, it really does. The Starfaring Commission has yet to arrest you for this offense as they would for ordinary citizens.

With little time spent in the air, the starskiff docked at the Divination Commission. You gave its wood a brief pat before leaping off of the railing. The vast and confusing construction of the Divination Commission immediately caused you to heave a defeated sigh. From there, you hurried towards the center of the commission itself.
A staggering landscape of bookshelves, desks, and many commission workers stood before you. Meanwhile, a rather short-statured woman with vibrant hair of pink began to sort through various scrolls, all bundled up beneath her arms.
Before you even got a chance to speak, she lifted her hypnotic gaze to peer at you intently. One of her brows raised as she gazed upon you, "Yes?" Came her response to your presence.
"Hello, Diviner Fu," you softly said. "I brought you back the manuscripts from the storyteller."
She lifted her head, afterwards rolling her eyes. "Some people just don't learn. Thank you." Said she as she accepted the papers from your hands.
With a nod of your head, you briefly waved your farewells, mumbling a gentle goodbye sometime near there. Fu Xuan raised a brow, though she was quick to return the gesture.