GN!Reader ┆ ✦ The Kitsune and The Dragon

╰┈➤ In his restless nightmares, Dan Heng is forced to observe countless horrors unlike any he has ever seen before

          ╰┈➤ In his restless nightmares, Dan Heng is forced to observe countless horrors unlike any he has ever seen before. In other words, it is torture.

                  BODY HORROR + GORE + CANNIBALISM WARNING!!!
Reminder, this is meant to scare you.
                              ─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

      The Astral Express was rather silent on that particular night. It was almost terrifying how few noises stirred the train. Dan Heng's white jacket swished in reverse rhythm with his steps as he walked down the dark, seemingly endless hallway in the express. He was positive that the train had been shorter prior. Even then, he couldn't tell himself what was amiss. He adventured further down the hallway, which seemed to extend and loop back around every time that he figured he must have found freedom. The further he walked, the darker the walls. Everything in the distance was inky black. He didn't understand. Where was the original Astral Express? Perhaps he was hallucinating? Or even dreaming?
Dan Heng whirled around upon hearing heavy footsteps. He turned to peer over his shoulder, immediately being greeted with the sight of your familiar smile. Before he could even breathe a sigh of relief, you flung yourself at him. Your arms wrapped tightly around his waist. Dan Heng almost breathed a laugh. He nuzzled into the nape of your neck, cracking into a slight smile as you seemed to get lost in the wonderful smells of his dark hair.

The slight tickle of soft fur caused Dan Heng's nose to wrinkle as he fought back the urge to sneeze. Your hands snatched his shoulders as you began to force him into the wall. Dan Heng, a tad irritated by this, grasped your shoulders with narrowed eyes. "Hey, don't be so rough." He demanded. Although he is normally gentler with you, this action of roughness bristled him a bit.
Those strange, Foxian-like ears poking from your head flattened back as your jaws gaped, revealing fangs that dripped with venom and saliva. Dan Heng, horrified but prepared to fight, immediately grasped the strange ears atop your head. He wasn't about to succumb to the mindfuck that he was experiencing. Before he could begin to thrash in response, your jaws snatched his forearm. Where your teeth sank, there was pain.
In an instant, Dan Heng had reeled back and shrieked at the top of his lungs. He crashed back onto the floor of the Astral Express, kicking at your ribcage in an attempt to throw you off of himself. His white coat was becoming stained with the crimson colors of his blood as your teeth ripped through his flesh.

Dan Heng fought back tears as the agony of being ripped apart shot through his arm and shoulder like powerful zaps of lightning. Your teeth ripped right through his skin, staining your face in smudges of blood that left orange-red trails along your skin. Dan Heng could feel himself hyperventilating as the warmth of his own blood trickled down his arm. He could barely breathe. His lungs shrieked for oxygen as he whined and cried, desperate to get free from your torment. Why? He trusted you the most. In his entire life, you are his most trusted companion. And there you were, though in a fragment of his nightmares, ripping his skin and muscles off of his bones with nothing but your teeth.

"Stop! Please..!" Pleaded Dan Heng as he screamed, his entire body paralyzed with agony. Sweat forced his clothes to cling to his body as tears poured from his eyes from the pain alone. The betrayal was at the back of his mind. It didn't matter when he was being ripped apart.
But you did not hear his cries. Instead, you began to use your fingernails to dig into his pulsating wounds. Dan Heng grit his teeth, almost as though he would shatter them from the sheer strength of his jaw. Panic shot through every ounce of his body. He could feel his heart pounding in both his head and his gaping wounds.
You were not yourself. You began to resemble someone else in ways that Dan Heng despised seeing. Your hair began to be licked by darkness, gradually evolving to reach down beyond your waistline. Its color shifted from gray to dark black with red staining the ends. The ends split and moved independently in a breeze that Dan Heng could not feel. Your eyes morphed from the ones Dan Heng admired so dearly to that of red and orange with a small slit for a pupil.

His blood sprayed onto the face of Blade as he desperately thrashed about against the terrible pains shooting through his body. He couldn't bring himself to face this lucid nightmare anymore. If he did, he swore h: die from terror alone. He felt traumatized. Paralyzed by agony and fear, Dan Heng curled up into himself, warmed by blood but not comforted. He soon realized that he wasn't being bitten and torn apart. This was all Blade's sword tearing through him. Dan Heng's mind had so desperately wished for you to appear in a way that he could recognize that the entire nightmare distorted to cater to it. But it wanted to hurt him.
Dan Heng's ghostly tail did its best to thwart Blade's wrath, but it was useless in the end. The struggle worsened as Blade stepped on the middle of Dan Heng's chest, muttering and spitting insults as he went. Dan Heng grasped Blade's ankle, heaving as though he'd vomit, he whispered several pleas for help.

"This is your price," said Blade. His shoe came down harder upon Dan Heng's ribs. "Pay for your sins, Imbibitor Lunae."
Dan Heng could do nothing but gasp and cry for air. His fingernails scratched Blade's ankle over and over, but he was unable to hurt him. Dan Heng desperately struggled, writhing and shaking in fear. He could do nothing against Blade's torture. His own ribs were cracking beneath the pressure that Blade applied with the bottom of his shoe alone. Dan Heng screamed again, but his vocal cords could not handle it. With a zap of immense pain, his vocal cords snapped. Dan Heng coughed blood, choking on it as he was forced to lie on his back. It was all too much. It was terrifying and twisted. Dan Heng squeezed his eyes shut, praying that he'd wake up.

"Dan Heng! Dan Heng!"

Light flooded into Dan Heng's eyes as he hurtled himself up from his resting position. The familiar sights and sounds of the archives found its way into his ears, but he did not feel relieved. Instead, he forced himself to face who had woken him from his terrors. Only then did he experience a sense of clarity.
Your eyes were glued to him with a concerned expression on your face. "Hey, is everything okay?" You asked in a gentle voice.
Dan Heng felt his wet eyes. "Ahem. Everything is fine. Thanks." He replied halfheartedly.
"You were crying pretty hard," you commented. "What did you see?"
He shook his head. "I can't talk about it." He turned his gaze away from yours.
You began gingerly patting his head. "Don't force yourself. I'm just happy that you're okay now. You looked like you'd die from stress."
"...did I?" Asked Dan Heng, his voice feeble as he spoke.

You nodded your head and said nothing else. You leaned close to Dan Heng, accepting him into a gentle hug. He flinched, seeing what had happened in his restless dreams. He desperately searched your hair for any signs of Foxian ears. You lifted your gaze with a raised brow. "What's up, DH?" You questioned.
He heaved a sigh. "It's nothing. Sorry." He returned his embrace to your sides.
You pressed your cheek against his, smooching his jawline. Dan Heng managed to smile at that, even breathing a tiny laugh. You snickered under your breath before beginning to adorn his skin in gentle kisses. He knew that this was truly you just by the way you treated him. Your lips touched his skin so gently, and your hands were careful as you hugged him so tightly but so tenderly. Dan Heng melted into your touch, offering you a single squeeze of trust. You squished him a bit, giggling under your breath as you did so.

"That was scary." Said Dan Heng.
You snorted, placing your face upon his shoulder. "Damn. Blade, unreal." You rolled your eyes playfully.
Dan Heng snickered a bit. He suddenly felt far more relaxed, but somehow still petrified. Either way, he knew he'd fall back asleep in your arms, happy to be free from his nighttime terrors.