GN!Reader ┆ ✦ Home, Sweet Home

╰┈➤ You join Dan Heng on the Xianzhou Luofu after being personally summoned by the general himself to discuss important matters regarding the Astral Express's intervention during the Phantilya crisis

╰┈➤ You join Dan Heng on the Xianzhou Luofu after being personally summoned by the general himself to discuss important matters regarding the Astral Express's intervention during the Phantilya crisis. After hearing the news, Dan Heng has never had a bigger smile on his face.

           ─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

    Familiar sights and sounds surrounded the Xianzhou flagship, the place that nearly succumbed to a Stellaron and Emanator crisis all at once. Such a persevering place definitely deserved recognition in the hearts of all of the Nameless, from this generation to those beyond.
Your time on the Luofu wasn't exactly simple, nor was Dan Heng's. You and Dan Heng have been companions since the day you both met and exchanged phone numbers, solidifying an unbreakable understanding between you and him. Of course, you recently learned all about Dan Feng and what he was like, and even more recently, how he relates to Dan Heng.
Your views on Dan Heng remained the same. However, during the Phantilya crisis, Dan Heng most certainly forced himself to his very limit to prove himself. As you learned, his exile has yet to be revoked, though Dan Heng himself harbors no ill intent towards his home.

You strode in step with Dan Heng, as you always do. He stuck beside you, though his expression was knitted. He looked a bit on edge. You could understand why, being called personally to the Palace of Astrum wasn't exactly an appealing proposal; especially since general Jing Yuan decided not to invite the rest of the crew. It was just you and Dan Heng from there.
Based on his expression, he was expecting the absolute worst. Dan Heng, fidgeting with the clothing around his hand, stared at the doors to the palace with an expression that held both intrigue and hesitation. His cascading waterfall of dark hair swished in his steps and with the breeze as he halted before the doors of the palace.
Knowing he'd be nervous, you gave him a gentle nudge to summon his attention.
"Ready to go?" You softly asked.
Dan Heng only nodded his head before he pushed the doors to the palace open with little effort. You followed at his heels, eventually pulling yourself back into pace with him.

Both you and Dan Heng's footsteps echoed off of the towering walls of the palace as you walked forwards. The general himself stood positioned in the very back of the building, standing proud and tall beside his young retainer. You swore you could feel Dan Heng's fear spiking, though there wasn't much that you could really do about it.

Jing Yuan dipped his head to Dan Heng, "Good evening," his thundering and regal voice began. "Thank you both for showing up accordingly."
Dan Heng nodded, blinking slowly as a gesture of gratitude. "Of course." His response was short, but it held the appropriate amount of politeness.
You dipped your head towards Jing Yuan, offering him a brief, though genuine smile to formally acknowledge his presence. Jing Yuan seemed to appreciate that, though his expression held a bit of informality, as if he was encouraging you to not take his presence as that of a stranger. Though you felt a tad embarrassed, you stood tall beside Dan Heng.

"I summoned you both here personally to address something that has been on my mind for what feels like an entire Amber Era," Jing Yuan slowly stepped forth, his footsteps almost intimidating as he approached Dan Heng. "Dan Heng, you have done more than what the Luofu can repay you for. There is only one thing that I know that I can do."
Jing Yuan placed his hand onto Dan Heng's shoulder, a fond smile creeping onto his previously stoic features. "While I cannot guarantee your safety, I will guarantee your welcome. Your banishment is now permanently appealed," Jing Yuan gripped Dan Heng's shoulder just a tad tighter. "Welcome home."

When you turned your head to face your companion, all you could see on his expression was gratitude. A gentle, though conflicted smile crept onto Dan Heng's lips. "I— thank you, General." He said, his voice barely anything more than a soft murmur as he lowered his head.
You copied his gesture, though you didn't speak. Jing Yuan only smiled at Dan Heng's grateful bow, giving him one last pat before taking a step back. "Go, you may now explore the Luofu to your heart's content!" The white-haired general announced with a massive smile on his face.
Dan Heng returned that smile as he lifted his head, "I will." He replied, nodding in unison with Jing Yuan, therefore dismissing both you and Dan Heng.

Yanqing, the general's trusted retainer, waved a hand to Dan Heng. "Congratulations!" He happily said.
Dan Heng waved back, "Thank you." He replied, just loud enough to be heard.
You smiled at Jing Yuan, wishing him goodbye one last time before you turned to walk out of the staggering palace. The experience wasn't much for you, but you just witnessed Dan Heng's entire life finally amount to something. You once heard him say that he regretted being forced to leave the Xianzhou without ever witnessing its breathtaking beauty. Now, that regret would blow away like mist in the atmosphere.

Just as the sun rained upon both you and Dan Heng all over again, his smile grew ever so slightly. When he lifted his chin, those seemingly stony eyes of his shone like a star dotted with gorgeous stars. In that same moment, Dan Heng's eyes filled with tears.
Your eyes rounded just as he withdrew into his hands, hiding himself from sight. "Wha— what's wrong, DH?" You hurriedly asked as you placed your hand on his back.
When Dan Heng looked up at you, you saw a smile unlike any other. He laughed beyond his overjoyed tears, smiling even as they dripped from his chin. You smiled in return, pulling him close to you by his shoulder to exchange a moment of smiles. "Great job." You softly said, inches from his ear.
"Thank you." Dan Heng replied with a voice full of nothing but gratitude and joy, something that he seemed to seldom have. He beamed at you like you were the sun itself, revealing his gentlest laughter to you.

"Is that a laugh I hear?" You asked, afterwards rushing forwards to take hold of his smooth, turquoise horns. As you began to playfully tug on them, Dan Heng seemed to be unable to stop himself from laughing, although he normally wouldn't let anyone get close to his horns.
Dan Heng briefly poked his horns into your chest before you gave him a gentle head pat. Once Dan Heng righted himself, you flopped into his arms to tightly embrace him. He paused at first, his hand hesitating inches from your shoulder, but he soon melted into a sweet smile just as he buried his face into your hair.

You snickered a bit as you pat his cascading hair, "Wanna go explore till the sun goes down?" You asked, a tinge of excitement sparking in your words.
Dan Heng gently snickered, "I was waiting for you to suggest that." He confessed in a soft voice before he placed a candied kiss on your jaw. You hurriedly retaliated by catching his lips on yours, afterwards once again patting his head and ruffling up his dark hair.

Dan Heng shook his head, afterwards laughing as he took your hand in his. You squeezed your palm tight against his. Dan Heng heaved a contented sigh, "Shall we check the Waterscape first?" He questioned with an almost cheeky smile.
You gingerly punched his shoulder, "Wherever you wanna go, we'll check it out!" You cheerfully replied, following Dan Heng as he began guiding you out into the depths of the flagship and beyond, from the afternoon to the very last minute of sunlight.