GN!Reader ┆ ✦ Crying Headcanons

◤━━━━━━━━━━━◥

                 - You want to comfort your companion

                         ◣━━━━━━━━━━━◢

                                               🪷;

                      Why is he crying?

• Often times, not even he knows why he's crying.

• However, most times, it's because of his crippling anxiety. The cold walls of the Shackling Prison are unwelcoming, and therefore, they shall never leave his mind.

• All of those echoes of past Vidyadhara that cursed, scorned, and spat upon hearing his name truly left quite the mark. Although they were not directed at him, their cold stares and remarks of his cowardice have left his emotional state feeling weakened.

                                               🪷;

                      What is it like when he cries?

• Pretty.

• Dan Heng will often curl up into a ball, hiding his face in his arms as he sits in the darkest(though warmest) corner of the archives that he can find.

• He tends to accidentally let his ghost-like tail be revealed whenever he's upset. The tail is usually curled around his body for added comfort, although it is not working very well.

• He's a quiet cryer. He does not wail or sob audibly. He may whimper or snivel a bit, but that's about as far as it goes.

                                               🪷;

               How would he ask for comfort?

• Nope, he wouldn't. At all. No way.

• He often feels like a burden to others, and he hates thinking about burdening other people with his own issues. Instead of reaching out for help the way everyone on the Astral Express wishes he would, Dan Heng bottles it up inside until he simply can't anymore.

• If he did end up being pushed all the way to asking for comfort, I feel that he'd ask over hiccups and snivels, softly whispering a plea to be held.

                                               🪷;

                        What calms him down?

• Being grounded. [ spoken to, touched, hugged, etc. ]

• Forehead touches. He loves those.

• Heat. Since he usually doesn't have anyone, he finds immense comfort in feeling heat— whether it is from something living or not.

                                               🪷;

                      What makes it worse?

• Any mention of his predecessor.

• Feeling alone.

• His loneliness. [ Pom-Pom's voiceline "About Dan Heng (2)", they mention that he is VERY lonely and hates burdening others. ]

                                               🪷;

                      Bonus!

• When you found him, quietly sobbing alone, you were shocked. However, you were quick to take action. Gentle and loving, you brought him tissues and a newly cleaned blanket.

• You sat beside him for however long he needed.

• Eventually, you managed to lure him out onto his bed. Now on a comfortable mattress instead of the hard floor, you began to wipe his eyes, then his flushed nose. You resumed daintily brushing away his tears from his eyes with your forefinger on occasion.

• You pet his hair and offered him the blanket. You also offered him your listening ear. He gratefully accepted it. He spewed everything to you. Everything.

• You quietly held him close while you rested on your back, listening to his every word carefully whilst gingerly rubbing his shoulder or petting his hair.