Chapter 24- Ava's place

Connor came around just after lunch to help Ava move. She'd already started, deep cleaning the house before she started unpacking. He knocked on the door, balancing two coffee and a wine bottle.
"Connor" she beamed as she opened the door, "come in" she wiped her forehead.
Connor set the coffee and bottle of wine down on her counter.
"You didn't need to bring anything"
"Nonsense" he opened her fridge, taking the bottle out of the bag.
"That's for later, to celebrate" he turned back to her, "and this is for energy now"
Ava took her coffee and cheered him, taking a sip of the dark liquid.

Ava had her hair in a messy bun, sporting a tank top and pair of yoga pants. Connor had worn old and loose clothes so he could help her move boxes. All of her boxes had been moved into her living room but needed to be sorted though. Ava began putting the pots and pans into the draws and arranging the cutlery. Connor hung up her clothes in the built in wardrobe, leaving some of the more delicate items for her to organise.

They spoke to each other is loud voices as they moved around the house. Speaking of the last hospital gossip and surgical news. Meeting in the living room as the sun began to set.
"Last three boxes" she high fives him, holding onto his hand.
"You set up the bathroom and fill the cabinets the way you like. I'll put your bed linen on"
"Okey" Ava agreed, taking to box of her skincare. Ava filed the medicine cabinet with all her products and set out the little bin. She left the bathroom, crashing into Connor as she went.
"Your beds set up"
"Thanks" she touched his arm, "how about some food?"
With no table or chairs they resorted to sitting on the floor with a few blankets and pillows. Ava moved to the remaining boxes, producing a hoodie she pulled her tank top of her head before turning back to Connor.

"Oh, I didn't know you were such a Blackhawks fan, Dr. Bekker"
"Well you know I just love how face past, and cold the game is" she said, straddling his lap.
"Mhm, you know this looks suspiciously like my Blackhawks hoodie that went missing, you wouldn't happen to know anything about that?"
"No" she batted her eyes lashes.
They kissed each other slowly, saving their uninterrupted time together.

The doorbell broke them apart eventually, Ava leaned back and sat up to answer the door.
Ava set out the pizza box on the floor, getting some kitchen roll for them. The pizza was half deep dish and half thin crust.
"Thank you, Avey"

They had their dinner, and drank half the bottle of wine Connor had brought. Ava packing up some of the leftover pizza for him to take back to the hotel for lunch tomorrow.
She joined him back on their makeshift sofa, finding herself in his arms.
"I want you to call me Avey again, and Avery, princess, pumpkin, honey, and-"
"Darling?"
"Especially that one" she grinned foolishly.
"Happy to oblige, Princess" he kissed her neck.

They watched a movie on her laptop, laying in each others arms on their makeshift sofa.
"I have to go" he reminded her.
"I don't want you too"
"Neither do I" he kissed her as she sat up to let him go.
She walked him the short distance to the door, "text me when your home"
"I'll see you tomorrow, darling"

They parted and Ava closed the door behind him, alone in her apartment.
She washed her face and prepared for bed. She turned off the light in the living room and moved to her bedroom. Quickly flicking on the light so she could do some light work before bed. Seeing her bed for the first time Ava noticed one addition she hadn't expected.
"Rhodes" she rolled her eyes. In the center of Ava's made bed was a "get well soon" kola teddy bear tucked under the covers. She reached of the bear, pulling back the covers she pulled it to her chest, taking a deep breath of his lingering colonage.