Dead to Me

"The thing is, when you walk out, the people you leave

"The thing is, when you walk out, the people you leave... They keep on having a life. They don't wait for you to come back." -Jamie Doyle

"Nothing?" Emily asked Aria. The girls were at the Brew, all clutching coffees. Spencer had spilled the truth about Fitz's son to him, and he went to visit him. Aria felt awful, but didn't blame Spencer at all.

"Nothing since he left," Aria shrugged, staring at her coffee. "Well, he sent an 'I got here' text."

"Well, that counts..." Isabel said, trying to cheer her up. At Aria's skeptical look, she added, "If you want it to."

"I mean, I know he's doing the right thing, it's just the idea that something's happening hundreds of miles away that's gonna change everything," Aria replied. They all were silent as they glanced over at Spencer. There certainly was something up with her.

Spencer just got up, holding out her coffee. "This is cold. I'm just gonna go get a refill."

When she left, Hanna spoke up, looking at Emily. "Do you think Wilden read that notebook by now?" Emily had turned in the notebook that Ali had written in.

"He must have," Aria sighed, picking up her mug. "So he knows what we know."

"And what exactly do we know?" Hanna frowned.

"It's just CeCe's version of things," Isabel scoffed. Who in their right mind would trust her?

"There was a picture of him in Cape Bay," Emily mentioned. "I'm going back to the police station after school, take a snap of it on my phone." Isabel sighed and got up, walking over to Spencer, who was getting her refill.

"Spence," she stated.

"Isabel, I am not going to repeat myself; I'm fine," Spencer snapped. Her phone beeped, and she went silent when she read the text.

"Is it Toby? I asked him to-" Isabel began.

"Toby... he broke up with me," Spencer gulped, obviously holding back tears. Isabel's eyes widened. No. That couldn't be true. He loved her!

"Why?" She sputtered.

"I'm not... I'm not ready to talk about it," Spencer muttered, her eyes back on the counter. Isabel nodded in understanding as they started to walk off, but then she heard a familiar voice, making her spin back around.

"Isa, Spencer," Jason said, and he didn't seem to pleased to be there.

"Hey, babe, you okay?" Isabel frowned.

"Hey, Jason," Spencer sighed.

He looked nervously at them and replied, "I've got some news."

-

"We're keeping this kind of quiet, but they've released Ali's remains to my family. There's gonna be a re-interment," he explained once they walked back over to the others.