Chapter 55 - Taylor

I was emotional all day, and my mom's memory was the last straw. However, I am glad Aaron came. He always knows how handle my each crisis and he has that calming effect on me. He reminded me once again how much I want to marry him.

I took some time and watched my mom's recording one more time. A few minutes later, I unlocked the door. I put on my dress with JJ's help and I got emotional again when I looked myself in the mirror. The dress looked even better than I remembered. The sweetheart neckline with accentuated peaks hold my tits up amazingly. The A line design snatches my waist. The skirt is full and billowing with a train, elegantly draped fabric, and a side split. The split reveals my left legs, exposing my gold heels. I chose to wear these instead of a new pair of white heels because they hold good memories -for example the time he kneeled down and licked champagne off my skin- and they match the theme of the wedding. I also wore the three star gold necklace he gifted me for Christmas at the very beginning of our relationship.

And here we are now...

Only a minute away from walking down the aisle with my dad. He cried when he first saw me, which made me cry too. But I am ok for now. JJ touches up my veil one last time before she walks out to take her place.

The ceremony is outside, and we wait inside right behind the doors. Once they open, my sight meet Aaron's immediately from the other end of the aisle. Our eyes click like magnets. We start walking and I can't look away. He wore green, I wore gold shoes, I'd say we are on theme, I think to myself.

As we get closer, I notice his eyes get shiny with tears. His chest raises and falls more than usual. He smiles and I can tell he is struggling to keep it together.

We reach him and my dad holds my hand for a second longer. "Take care of her and love her, for me and her mama" he says

"I will" Aaron replies.

My dad gives my hand to Aaron and I kiss him before he sits down. That's when I notice my mom's picture in an empty seat besides him. My eyes fill with tears again as I turn to Aaron.

"Ready?" he whispers

"More than ever"

"You look stunning" he says as he looks away to blink away his tears

"Don't cry because then I'm gonna cry and I have already been crying a lot today"

"Ok, ok, sorry" he chuckles as he rubs my hands.

I clear my throat as we stop talking and he nods to Dave to begin. "Family and friends, welcome and thank you all for joining us in this wonderful occasion. We are gathered here today to witness and celebrate the marriage of Taylor and Aaron. This is not the beginning of a new relationship but an acknowledgment of the next chapter in their lives together. Personally, I have witnessed their relationship be created. It was truly fascinating, because it was romantic and also chaotic at the same time"

We both smile and there are some chuckles from the audience.

"I'll get back to their stupid stubbornness later when I give my toast at the reception" he says.

Aaron shakes his head almost laughing.

"Now, we bear witness to what their relationship has become. Today, they will affirm this bond formally and publicly".

He continues to speak but I don't pay much attention. I am more focused on Aaron. I am trying to realize that this is really happening. We squeeze each other hands here and there, and our smiles grow larger every time.

The time for the vows comes and Aaron is handed his card. Surprisingly, he rejects it and keeps holding my hands.

"Taylor..." he breathes out. "There are no word to describe how you brought me back to life and saved me from a lifetime of boring routine and loneliness. You walked in my life and showed me colors you know I can't see with anyone else"

I chuckle, immediately catching his reference.

"This was the first and also last one I am going to use here" he states, causing me to laugh. "Falling in love with you happened very fast, maybe faster than I even realized. It was rewarding, and the happiest journey of my life. I fall more and more in love with you every day. I am in love with you and I will be in love with you for the rest of my life. So today, I swear to take care and cherish you forever. I swear to do my best in order to return to you all the understanding, patience and happiness you give me. I swear that you will always be my first choice. I swear to be by your side and hold your hand through everything. And I swear to sit through every sitcom you choose as long as I get to see you laugh.

"You are my sunshine, Taylor. And I swear that I will always be sitting in the light and the dark with you" he closes his speech and I am in tears.

"That was beautiful" I whisper to him before my turn comes. He smiles and looks down blushing.

"So, Aaron..." I take a deep breath. "I have been chasing success and validation for the biggest part of my life. What I learned is that success is easy. We can both succeed alone. But I want to fail with you. I want to struggle with you. I want to be sad with you. Because when things are hard, I talk them through with you. Just being with you makes everything complicated become simple. I feel like the luckiest person in the world when I am with you.

"I vow to continue love you with all my heart. To remain understanding and open to you. To talk things out even when I am mad or too proud to admit that I am wrong. I can't wait to find out what life holds for us. I am not scared to face whatever comes our way, I am never scared when I am with you. I can't remember my life before you, Aaron. And I don't ever want to think of a life after you. I love you, and I will love you for the rest of my life".

Now we are both in tears. JJ hands me a tissue and I wipe my eyes carefully. Aaron pulls himself together by the time I am done.

"Can we have the rings, please?" Rossi asks.

Henry appears from the other end of the aisle and brings our rings. We take the opposite ones and thank him. JJ pulls him to stand by her side as Will takes his seat again, holding Michael.

Aaron takes my left hand as we are both shaking from emotions.

"I give you this ring as a sign of my love. With all that I have, I am honored to call you my wife from this moment until forever. Let this always be a reminder of my promises to you and the unwavering bond between us" he says as he slides the rings on my finger.

"I give you this ring as a sign of my love. With all that I have, I am honored to call you my husband from this moment until forever. Let this always be a reminder of my promises to you and the unwavering bond between us" I repeat as I slide the band in his finger.

"By the power vested in me by the state, I now pronounce you husband and wife. Aaron, you may kiss your bride" Dave says and steps away.

Aaron cups my cheek and hugs my waist as he finally connects our lips. I breathe in deeply. The kiss is slow and it lasts a few seconds as the guests clap.

He pulls away only an inch from my lips. "I love you so much, Mrs. Hotchner" he whispers

"I love you more" I reply

"Impossible" he insists and kisses me again.

~

"Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage."
~ Lao Tzu

The end.