Chapter 10 - Taylor

"This can't-- If this was real life, all of them -especially there two-- would be fired" Hotch says because he disagrees with another scene

"For the 100th time, it is a sitcom. It doesn't have to be accurate" I groan.  "Do you ever have fun?"

"I have fun"

"Really?" I place my elbow on the back of the couch and I rest my head on my head. "What do you do for fun?"

"I go out" he struggles to say

"You do? Where?"

"Places..."

"Wow" I laugh.

I meet his eyes and I relax. My chest deflates from a breath I didn't even realize I was holding. My eyes keep bouncing between his in the silence. I thought he looked great in a suit, but he looks even better casually dressed.

When I opened my door a few hours ago, I was shocked to find him on the other side. He looked like he was in a rush, and it was the first time I laid eyes on casual Hotch -no suit. I didn't want to let him in, but then I thought how horrible could it be.

And it was far from horrible. His words made me feel a bit better about him. He took responsibility and didn't try to gaslight me -the bar is really low. I appreciated how genuine he was. We are not back to normal, but this is a good start.

I took advantage of his presence and willingness to fix everything, in order to go through the case files faster. He was really helpful and gave me a few good tips at some points. It was really nice. We actually finished them in a couple of hours and decided which case the team will be working on tomorrow, earning him about an extra half hour for himself in the morning.

I break the eye contact and I turn to the TV. I pretend to tidy the files on the coffee table, even though the organization expert that is sitting besides me has already taken care of it. Hotch stands up and starts collecting his things in order to leave. I reach for the remote and I turn the TV off.

"Do you want me to take the files and get them to the office?" he suggests

"Sure, yeah. Can I ask you for one more favor?"

"I am listening" he replies and sits on the armrest for a moment

"Tomorrow is my last day before my holiday leave, and the case is in Seattle. The day after tomorrow I am flying to Chicago. That means that tomorrow I will have to fly to Seattle with you and then after work hours fly back to Virginia and from there to Chicago. I could change my flight and go from Seattle to Chicago but we never know how long the case will take. So, I was thinking if I could work remotely tomorrow and for the rest of the case -even during vacation days. Calls, emails, anything works for me"

"I suppose we could make that work"

"Great. Thank you very much" I smile.

Now, I need to find a man...

"For what?" Hotch chuckles

"What?"

"You said 'now, I need to find a man'. For what?" he laughs

"I said that out loud?"

"Yes"

I bury my face in my hands "Oh my God..." I groan.

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to" he says

"Yeah, it is embarrassing so I will keep it to myself" I admit

"Alright. Then I should g--"

My phone starts ringing before he could finish his sentence. "Speak of the devil... Excuse me for a minute" I sigh and I go in my room to answer.