Chapter 50 - Aaron

I asked for my vacation time from work and took Taylor to Hawaii. From the moment we stepped on the plane, I turned my work phone off and put it down. Crime goes on and will continue go on with or without me available. Dave can replace me for a few days. Now, I need to prioritize Taylor.

I was unfair to her the other night. She built up the courage to tell me what she did and I got mad at her because I felt like she broke my trust. I acted selfish, and didn't even consider how scared she must have been. She thought she was protecting us this way.

How did I not see it sooner?

Because I get comfortable when I am around her -maybe too comfortable. I am not trying to read her emotions, or check if she is lying. I am not profiling when I am home. I know she will be open to me, and I trust her. I guess I am not used to being this relaxed around anyone, and I got upset when I missed the signs.

I am glad we are moving passed this situation and taking some time for us. We haven't really had a break since Easter, so this vacation is long overdue. And I made sure to bring the diamond ring with me.

To be completely honest, this wasn't how I planned to do this. It is probably an upgrade. I am still not sure how I am going to ask or when, but I will figure it out.

We have been in Hawaii for three days already. Our rental is right in front of the beach which is peaceful most of the time -except maybe a few people that walk by the coast line during the day. Last night, Taylor went for a swim naked and I was sweating until she made her way back inside, anxious that someone passing by could see her.
I don't like sharing.

There are also quite a few activities to try out around here. On the first day, we tried tennis which turned into a competition pretty fast. Today, Taylor had a spa day as I had booked for her, and in order to keep myself busy during that time, I picked up golfing. It is quite nice. Dave has suggested many times to take me with him to try it out -get a hobby, he said- but I always dismissed him. There is no way I am avoiding his 'I told you so' when we get back.

"Aaron?" Taylor sings as she walks through the door.

I was sitting outside, so I go back in to meet her. "How was your day?" I wonder and I kiss her

"Absolutely incredible. I can still feel the amazing lady's hands massaging my back. I also got a face massage and masks, I feel like I am glowing"

"You are" I admit as I wrap my arms around her and rest then just over her butt.

"You should go too before we leave. It'll help take that tension of your shoulders"

"I'll think about it"

"That usually means no, but you do you. Who was your day without me?" she asks

"Empty. Meaningless..."

"Come on" she chuckles

"Ok, I played some golf and I think I found myself a hobby"

"Aww, like every other middle aged man" she teases

"I mean I am in my mid 40's..." I remind her

"You're very lucky that I am attracted to older men" she says and pecks my lips

"Are you calling me an old man?" I chuckle

"Is that upsetting you, sir?" she looks up at me with those lusty eyes and she bites her lip.

She knows exactly what she is doing to me and she is enjoying every second of it.

"Tell me what do you need, sir. I am here to please you" she almost moans and pulls me in by the waistband of my pants