I LOVE YOU - GRADUATION DAY

I LOVE YOU – GRADUATION DAY

.

.

.

- Bill, can you help me with the dressing please?

You hand him the nice plates, the ones that aren't plastic. Tom is busy with trying to make space in your living room.

The sofa has been lifted to your bedroom, emptying the space a bit, but it's still not perfect. You borrowed trestles and a plank from a neighbour, to make your table bigger; and Bill brought 2 chairs. You're feeding 7 people this lunch. You're expected for graduation at 3 o'clock this afternoon, and even if your mom can be a monster sometimes, she wanted to see her baby's success. But your mom doesn't eat for 7 people; your dad is also coming, as well as the twins' mom and her new boyfriend. Your apartment is not big enough, but it was the only place where you could organize this meal. Being at Bill's would have mean also eating with Georg's and Gustav's parents, and their place is not big enough for 4 families. You could have also asked Bill to organize the lunch with his mom, but it would have mean separating the twins, as you're counting on Tom to support you. Plus, your parents are expecting to see Tom too. After all, the wedding is in pretty much exactly a year.

- We're missing a chair, Tom states.

- What do you mean? You count the 6 chairs in front of you. We're you, Bill, you count on your fingers, your mom and her man, my mom, and my dad. That's 6, you show him your fingers.

- And you, Tom forces you to fold one more finger.

- And me... The maths aren't mathing. You're missing a chair.

- We can ask Mr Ikks?

- He already lent us everything, you pout. Bill, do you happen to have an extra chair?

- Do I look like I have extra chairs?

- We can try with Mrs. Summers, Tom proposes.

- She hates us. Remember when we scratched her car?

- She only hates you. And I told you to not park there.

- I needed to pee, you roll your eyes. Pffff, you sigh.

- There are 6 floors in this building, don't tell me nobody can lend you a chair! Bill exclaims.

- We never talked with half of the neighbours. Imagine going there and saying "Hi, nice to meet you! I need a chair!".

- It's worth the shot. It's not like you have any other option. Thank you, Bill aka captain obvious.

- Babe, can you go? I'm busy with the lasagnas.

- They're in the oven, you're not busy anymore, Tom smiles.

- I'm busy making sure they're not overcooked.

- You put them in 5 minutes ago, he raises an eyebrow.

- Just go, you give up on arguing.

.

.

.

That's awkward. It's your first big family reunion. Not family reunion of your mom's, or your dad's, but the family you're growing with Tom. This is what your Christmas will be like when you'll have a flat big enough to do family reunions. That's scary.