I WILL LOVE YOU - TOI, POUR TOUJOURS ET A JAMAIS PART 2C

.

.

.

Nat's POV

- Cut the cake? Tom comes in. Isn't it a bit early? He closes the door behind him. It's not the cake, is it? He slightly loses his smile when he sees my face.

- No, it's not. I force a smile and shrug my shoulders.

- Is it about what Rachel said? I think she's wrong, the food is great and everybody enjoyed it!

- No, it's- Sorry, she said what? That bitch criticized my food but still ate 3 whole plates!

- Well, Tom walks toward me, you didn't hear it from me but some little birdy told me she said that to Phoebe, he maliciously smiles, gossiping.

He looks like a kid. He always does when we're gossiping. I think I love our gossip sessions; I always feel so close to him! His smile is irresistible, his eyes are shining and I swear they're filled up with love. But is it because he is looking at me, because we're getting married tomorrow or because he had a really good evening?

- I guess the little birdy is Georg? I play his game. Let's not forget Phee and him had a date like 2 weeks ago. Who does this bitch think she is? The girl got married in Vegas! I'm talking about Rachel here.

- That was very clever of her, Tom smiles. Nobody could criticize her food; he laughs a bit.

- And at least she was married under an hour.

I can see Tom flinch a bit at those words. That's my occasion to get to the heart of the matter. Anyway, I wouldn't have waited more. I'm obsessed with those questions. I need to know. Do I need to worry about Y/N? Does my marriage stand a chance?

- Cold feet? I try to stay a bit playful. I don't want him to understand what I want to talk about. I want to trap him or he will find another lie. I'd like to get married in an hour. Oh yes, I'd love to. At least I'd know Tom would stay.

- No, not really, he scratches his head.

Okay, that's a good answer. He is not afraid of getting married to me. Maybe we should do that, get married in the minute. Bill is here.

- Good, I smile. It's still a little smile. That anxious feeling won't leave me that easily. It's not because he is not afraid to get married that it closes the Y/N matter. I can't believe it's happening; I shake my head. When I was a kid, I thought I'd get married at the Ritz with Prince William. How did you picture your wedding when you were a kid?

- Not like this. With another girl perhaps?

- What do you mean? I'm trying to get it out of him.

- First, I expected fewer people, he laughs, taking a step back to lay against the sink. And I don't know why but I would have pictured a spring ceremony. And I wanted to take my girl to that big castle in Germany. Couldn't do it, though. He seems lost in his thoughts. Is that what his big day with Y/N would have looked like? I'm dying to ask the question, but it's still not time for the trap.

- Your girl? How did you picture her? I play dumb, but I know. Will he lie in front of my face again?

- Don't know, he shrugs his shoulder a bit. But she looked perfect. Just like you do, he seems to go back to his senses. Shit, that's not really what I wanted to hear.