I WILL LOVE YOU - TOI, POUR TOUJOURS PART 2

I WILL LOVE YOU – TOI, POUR TOUJOURS PART 2

.

.

.

- Another drink? Georg offers.

- Argh, that'd be unreasonable, you pretend to refuse.

- Oh. Hum... You look... Georg imitates Tom, reminding you why you want to drink.

You told him all about your little exchange with Tom. Georg said it was the funniest thing he heard all night, to which he added "God knows how much people are sucking my feet here. I love being a bassist".

You're in the heart of the party, even if any self-respecting wife would hate her stag and doe being called a party. People are laughing (mostly polite and fake laughs but that's the star system I guess), dancing a bit, there's a queue at the bar and the gifts pile is HUGE. It's almost time for Tom and Nat to open their presents. They'll open the money envelope at the end of the night, to see how much funds they've collected.

You haven't seen Bill a lot tonight, he spends most of his time with Tom or with their mom. Linda and Gustav are running after their kid, pretending parenthood is amazing with other parents. And you're with Georg, Gen Z would say "Bestie forever, yaaay". You're both pretty much in the same mood, and Georg is such a fun person to spend time with. You will miss that when you're back in Germany.

Your drink is in your hand, and all you're waiting for now is the presents time. You're sure Tom will adore the one you prepared for him. But first, you have to give money. That's what a stag and doe is for.

- How much should I give? You look at your chequebook.

- I gave 5 bucks, Georg winks.

- 5? You open your eyes wide. I thought you were rich now, you're shocked. You're stingy! You tease him, but not so much. He could have made an effort.

- I'm not. I don't spend money in useless causes, that's all; he explains.

- A useless cause? We're talking about feeding kids! Georg just dropped in your esteem.

- Huh? Isn't the envelope to finance all this? He shows the room.

- No, it's not, you frown your brows. It's for the kids, Nat told me. And even if it was for the wed, you could give more than 5 bucks, you remark.

- Imagine giving like $100 and they divorce in a year. What a waste, Georg rolls his eyes.

- Why would they divorce? Denial makes you say crazy things.

- Why? He sniggers. Because of your little rehearsal sessions. Which I fully support, by the way. Okay, there is a lot to process here. But first things first.

- You knew! You accuse him. You knew it!

- Of course, I know! It's like the best news of the year! Spread like a wildfire.

- No, it's not! It's a secret! It's nothing! Look where we are, this is the best news of the year! You have to show Nathalia some support.

- Ssssh, Georg's eyes open wide, calm down. Nat is right there, he moves his eyes not so discreetly.

- You started it, you whisper.

- As far as I know, Tom started it, he winks.

- Stop it!

- Never. Let me tell you something; I'd even pay your rent for you to stay in California and fuck with Tom. He's more pleasant to stay with when he is not frustrated, Georg sniggers.