Return Of Velvet

A police car pulled up in front of Veneer's house. An officer walked Velvet to the door. Veneer opened the door and let them inside.

"Hi." Veneer said.

"Hey." Said Velvet in an annoyed tone.

The officer placed the house arrest monitor on her ankle and explained the rules. Then they drove off. Velvet yanked at the monitor.

"Ugh this thing won't come off!" She groaned.

"Yeah I think that's kinda the point." Veneer said.

"Shut up. Ugh this is so annoying. I've literally been sick and now I have to deal with this thing." Velvet yelled.

"Sick? Is that why you were acting so different when I came to visit?" Veneer asked.

"Yeah I had a fever and it made me act really cringey. I really did miss you but I was being soooo dramatic." Velvet said like she wasn't usually dramatic.

"Oh." Veneer thought she had some huge change of heart or something but she was just delirious. At least she did miss him.

"I had a fever ever since you left. It just broke. And I have been having these weird dreams where that troll puts ME in shoulder pads." Velvet shuddered.

"Yeah I have been having dreams like that too."  Veneer said. "Maybe it's troll essence withdrawal."

"Probably." Said Velvet. "I'm going to bed." Velvet walked towards her room.

"Oh umm by the way I have some people coming over tonight. I tried to cancel but they were insistent on seeing you." Veneer said.

"Really Veneer? Ugh whatever." She walked off towards her room in a huff.

Same old Velvet thought Veneer.