𝟎𝟑𝟕

Girlfriend

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════

        As Y/N spent time at Mitsuya's place, he finally began to understand why Hakkai didn't want to let her go. She was such a sweetheart that it was hard to let leave. That's why he didn't contact Mikey right away... He wasn't wrong for wanting you to stay for Christmas, was he? He just wanted to spend some time with you...

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════

December 25, 2005

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════

        It was Christmas day, and Y/N was spending it with Mitsuya and his sisters. During her time with the Shiba siblings, her phone had 'dissappeared', though she knew that Taiju or Hakkai had probably disposed of it so she had no means of contact. That was why Mitsuya bought her a new phone! He spent a lot of money on it, but it was so worth it to see her sweet smile.

As he lovingly watched her while she watched Luna and Mana, his own phone started ringing. He groaned and picked it up, going into the other room to answer it. When he came back into the room, his face looked more serious.

"I need to go," he simply said.

Luna and Mana started whining while Y/N looked confused.

"What's wrong? Did something happen?" she asked.

"Chifuyu called me... He said that he, Takemichi, and Baji are fighting Taiju."

Y/N's brows furrowed. They were fighting Taiju? But why? Was the rest of Toman and the Black Dragond there too, or was it just them? She nodded and let him go, leaving her to watch Luna and Mana. She could only hope that everyone would be okay.

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════

        It was late at night, and Luna and Mana were now in bed, but
Y/N was still up, wondering where Mitsuya was. She sat on the couch, waiting anxiously. She hoped for the best, but since Taiju was involved, she expected the worst.

She quickly jumped up when she heard the door open, and Mitsuya walked in, his face bruised and bloody.

"Oh, Takashi, are you okay?!" she gasped, running over to him.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Nothin' I can't handle," he chuckled, basking in her worry. His smile faltered slightly, remembering the person who was waiting outside for her. "Someone wants to see you..."

Confused, Y/N walked past him and outside, glancing around for the person who wanted to see her. That was when she spotted him, sitting on his motorcyle...

"Mikey!" Y/N exclaimed, running into his arms.

"Y/N..." he sighed, standing up and hugging her tightly.

Mitsuya grimaced, jealous and disgusted by the sight. He was the one who saved him... He was the one who got her a new phone... He was the one who let him stay in his house... So why did she like Mikey so much? He would never understand it... No matter. He would get her in the end, one way or another.

Mikey, on the other hand, was so relieved to see his beloved once more. He made sure to give Taiju a beating to remember, both for all he did to his friends, and for taking away his sweetheart. She was the only one who could soothe his impulses... He didn't want to let her out of his sigh ever again...

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════

December 31, 2005

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════

        Y/N, her arm linked with Mikey's as they walked with Emma, Draken, and Hina at the New Year festival. Draken and Emma couldn't help but feel jealous of her, knowing damn well that Mikey was being all touchy with her to make them jealous. Mikey, on the other hand, had plans to say something to her right before the New Year began.

"My Emaaaa!" screamed a familiar voice.

They all turned around to see Takemichi running towards them, his hand reached out.

"Your Emma?" Emma tutted, "What do you mean your Emma?"

"Do you mean this?" Mikey asked, picking up a small wooden plaque off of the ground, "You look pretty desperate."

"Please, give that back!" he pleaded.

"Okay! Here you go."

Y/N gave Takemichi an odd look. When she and Hina saw each other a few days before New Years Eve, Hina told her that Takemichi had broken up with her. Hina seemed absolutely heartbroken, but she wasn't in the slightest. She could care less about Takemichi breaking up with her. In fact, he was really just a nuisance, so she was happy!

Suddenly, everyone started counting down the ten. The New Year was only ten seconds away...

"Ten!"

"Y/N?" Mikey asked.

"Nine!"

"Yes, Mikey?" Y/N responded.

"Eight!"

"I have something to ask..."

"Seven!"

"What is it?"

"Six!"

"Well..."

"Five!"

"Y/N..."

"Four!"

"Will..."

"Three!"

"Will you..."

"Two!"

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

"One!"

"Oh, Mikey... Of course I will."

"Happy New Year!"

Upon hearing those words, Mikey swiftly grabbed Y/N and pulled her into a kiss. In his opinion, that was the best way to start out his 2006.

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════

A/N: This chapter took way longer than it should've been. 💀 I was going to include Y/N in the Black Dragons fight, but then I remembered that she isn't the mc (of the original manga) and can't/shouldn't be included in every single fight, so I excluded her in this one. I feel like this is just starting to become a Mikey x reader book with some side romances. I find it kinda funny how the New Year was only a few weeks ago and now this chapter came out.

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════