𝟎𝟒𝟏

Drive By

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════

February 22, 2006

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════

        It was morning, and Y/N was with Emma and Mikey to visit their older brother's grave. She felt very touched that they'd allow her to come with them to such an intimate place. According to them, their older brother's name was Shinchiro, and he was also a gang member who was killed by Kazutora. Kazutora went to jail, which was why he didn't like Mikey so much.

Mikey invited her not only because he wanted her to 'meet' his brother, but also because of that day when she was supposed to go to his place, but she never showed up. She didn't tell him where she went, and he got pretty angry, but he didn't want to scare his beloved away, so he didn't say anything about it. He'd have to investigate the matter later...

As they walked to the cemetery, Mikey in front of Emma and Y/N as they walked side-by-side. Y/N could hear yelling up ahead, so she looked past Mikey's side to see what was happening.

Inupi and Takemichi were there with someone else. Izana... Inupi was holding Izana by his collar, reading to punch him, but Izana looked unbothered.

"That's enough, Inupi!" Mikey shouted.

"Mikey!" Takemichi yelped.

"Huh? What's going on?" Emma hummed, glancing past Mikey.

"Woah. Visiting the grave of your beloved brother?" Izana rhetorically asked, smiling in an almost bitter manner.

"Takemitchy..." Mikey started, narrowing his eyes at Izana, "Take Emma and Y/N away."

Takemichi had no choice but to comply, so he took Y/N and Emma and went just outside of the cemetery, where they could see them but not hear them.

"... That guy is my third brother, isn't he? Izana?" Emma said out of nowhere.

"Izana's your brother?!" Y/N exclaimed, looking at her with wide eyes.

"Yeah, I am. Do you know him?"

"We're childhood friends! Now that I think about it, I think he did mention having a little sister."

"Ah! That's so cool!"

Takemichi watched the two closely, his eyes big. If Izana and
Y/N knew each other... Then who kidnapped her in the future? He'd have to talk to Naoto about it...

Emma turned back to look at the boys, her expression becoming a bit somber.

"So... There's going to be a fight, right?"

"I think so... From what I hear, at least," Y/N replied.

"Do boys do nothing but fight each other? Captain of the Tokyo Manji Gang, the 'Invincible Mikey'... Mikey shows nothing but strength in front of everyone. Even when our brother died. No matter what, Mikey will never show his weakness. Not to anyone. But, in reality... Up until now, he still can't sleep without his dirty old blanket... He's but a weak boy. So are the three of us. I can't help but feel a bit jealous. I want to be like him, to help those who I love, no matter what! Man! That was too cool of me, wasn't it?"

Y/N laughed and agreed. She glanced over and spotted a vending machine. Emma caught her eye and spoke first.

"Wanna drink anything?"

"Ah, it's like you read my mind! Sure!" Y/N replied.

Suddenly, as Emma started crossing the street, they heard the sound of a motorcycle. Two people were on it, one of them holding what looked like a metal pipe.

"Kisaki?!" Takemichi exclaimed.

Before Y/N could react, the person swerved around her and Takemichi and targeted Emma. The person swung the pipe and hit her in the head, throwing her to the ground. Y/N watched, her eyes wide in horror as blood slowly dripped from her head onto the street.

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════

A/N: Can't save everyone 🤷🏽‍♀️ I also wanted to kill off Emma because it contributes to the plot greatly.

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════