Room 456.

Three shots. Blood. Broken window. Unconscious. CPR. Officer down. EMT. Supervisor. Suspect dead. Blue lights. Shaw Memorial. Lucy Chen.

He has been sitting in the waiting room for 4 hours. These words were on repeat in his head. He heard them on the radio. It felt like he stopped breathing for a while. I missed one or two heartbeats. One of his biggest fears. She was severely injured during duty. I can't be more involved than my worried boyfriend. He was not able to do his sergeant work anymore since he heard these words. Angela sits down next to him in silence and moves her hand on his back.

T -  Don't...

He was unable to have any discussion for now. She understood and remained silent. After 6 hours of waiting, the doctor came and asked, Who's here for Lucy Chen? ».

T - How is she?
DR - She's alive now, but in critical condition. She had one cardiac arrest during surgery. She was intubated and put on strong medication to control her heart and prevent infection. She is in an induced coma due to her injuries. She may not wake up.
T - Can I see her?
DR - Yes, as she is in the ICU, no more than two people at the same time.
T - Copy that.

It was obvious that he's going to be the first one out there. He takes a deep breath and follows the doctor. « Room 456».

She's here, sleeping, surrounded by machines and tubes. She seems to not suffer. He knows she is strong; she can fight and open her eyes again, but at the same time, she seems so fragile. And right now, he wants to take her place; he wants to see her open her eyes. He can't be the end of everything. She may not wake up"—how hard that sentence was. She's stronger than theory.

He takes the chair, places it next to her, kisses her on the forehead, and sits next to her. He takes his hand. He whispers, Come on, Lucy, fight, wake up. ».

He didn't move, just in case she tried to wake up. He can't stop thinking of what he heard on the radio. No one had to call him; he was here before them. He is alone right now, alone with his fear of losing her. Someone is coming next to him.

Angela is here, in silence. Tears were there before she entered this room. She wants to be here for him and for her. She has to be strong for him. It's her best friend, she thought.

T - She has to wake up.
A -  She will Tim
T - You can't be sure of that.
A -  I know
T -We had a fight this morning, for nothing. She was pissed off. Me too. She slammed the door and left the apartment. When we saw each other at the station, we just ignored each other, taking too much pride to apologize. And you might know or not, since we're dating, we had that thing to give us a hug and say, Be safe out there. Not today. So if she dies, the last thing she heard from me was Sometimes you piss me off, Lucy. She has to wake up, no matter what.

He looks at Angela with tears in his eyes. He's broken. She has to wake up. She stayed with him for a long time before she had to go back to her kids.

7am. Sill awake. No changes. Everyone came to see her. Tamara came. She was terrified of losing her too. She cried a lot. He hugged her. It was the only thing I could do for her right now. He made sure she didn't spend the night alone. He has to take care of her too. She is family.

4 DAYS.

It's been four days since the shooting. Nothing changes. She is still in a coma and still intubated. He didn't move, he didn't sleep much, and he only drank coffee. He spent all day talking with her with no response. C'mon Lucy, wake up. Grey is here. He brings him coffee and some new clothes.

G - You should go out and take a moment, son.
T - I can't, sir. What if?
G - I'm staying with her; go.
T - No, I can't.
G - It's an order.

Grey gave him that look, and Tim just obeyed. Angela was waiting for him outside the room. It was hard for him to leave her. He can't stop thinking, What if she wakes up and realizes he's not here? » or What if the battle was too hard and finally she dies alone in a cold room, without him?

He sat outside for a bit, next to Angela. In silence. He's not a talker since 4 days. He doesn't have much to say. And Angela knows. She just knows. Maybe ten minutes after he got out, he was surrounded by his people, his friends, and her friends. They're just standing there in silence. Everyone was here. He is touched. Tears are running down his face. He's not going to say anything because he can't, but his look speaks for him.

ONE WEEK.

T -Come on, babe, you can do it. I need you; I love you.

Still the same after one week. Every day was the same. Same meds, same medical care, same nurse, same doctor, same visitors, same feeling, same Lucy, and a broken Tim.

In the middle of the night, he can't sleep. He's walking in her room, watching the monitors, listening to every beat from the machine, and checking on her vitals.

T - Come on, babe. Wake up. I'm sorry for what I said a week ago. I'm sorry for that fight. I'm sorry I was not here to protect you. I wish it was me instead of you. I hear you laughing right now because I'm such a cliché from an American movie, but if I'm being honest with you, it's true. Could you please wake up now? Your Lucy lesson is going too far. So please, open your eyes. I can't lose you, not now. I've got a plan for the two of us. I want to move out of our apartment and find us a decent house. I want to have kids with you, at least 3. I'm dying to see you become a mom. I want to see the world; I want to see you become a detective. I want to get old with you, you know?. I'm sure I'm forgetting things, but I'm not ready to lose you. The minute you open your eyes, I marry you, Lucy Chen. Please, babe, it's time.

But nothing happened.

One week and three days.

She moved one finger, and then her eyes. She's now fighting against the intubation. He's standing in the corner of the room. She may not wake up. The doctor extubated her. She's breathing on her own. That's good. The doctor is coming to see him.

DR - She's breathing on her own. That's good. We need to run some tests on her to see if she has any brain damage or spinal damage. But for now, go and see her. She has to take it easy. She may be unable to remember you or what happened that day. Sometimes it takes time to recover.

Tim smiles. He approaches the bed and looks at her. He wants to kiss her right now. But one step at a time.

T - Are you okay? Can you say something?
L - Boot..

He smiled when he heard "boot" coming out of her mouth. It was feeble, but it was something. She looks at him, at her, and at the room. Her look asks.

T - You've been shot more than one week ago. You were in an induced coma, babe. I kept the rest for later. You did it. You fought. You won. You are here.
L - I... Love. You.

She looks at him. He kisses her gently. " She may not wake up " apparently because the doctor didn't know who she was—a fighter.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Thanks :) Please vote and comment it helps :)