The Elevator. Part 2.

Quick word : Thanks to @Therookieisthebest1 for the idea of writting a part 2 of my rewrite OS " The elevator " from the Episode 6x10.

Previously : " She nodded. They went inside. He made two coffees. She joined him and hugged him. That night, Tim confessed a lot about his past, his father, and the military. He explained to her what happened with Rey. And she listened. Something changed. She fell asleep against him in the bed in the early morning; luckily, they were both off that day. "

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

He asked her out and held her hand like the first time he did it. Twice in the week he had his shrink appointment; it was not easy sessions, but he knew he had to change things. He wanted to be better for him, for her, and for them. "I'm still deeply in love with her, and I realized how strong it was when, you know... I was married before her, and my feelings were not the same. I thought she was the love of my life, my soulmate, but I was wrong. Lucy is. If I'm here, it's because of her," he said to the shrink.

Things between them were going slow. Date nights only; no sleeping together; a lot of phone calls, which meant a lot of discussions. They didn't yet label their relationship because none of them wanted to rush. They were in a good place, and it was all they needed right now. They agreed to keep it professional at work, at least for now.

She knew he was worth the effort. She saw how he tried to be better for her and for them. Something changed. Every little action he took glued pieces of her broken heart back together. Day by day, her feelings for him got bigger than the day before.

They had a rough shift today. Tim got injured. Nothing serious, but still, she was dead worried. She tried to hide it, no matter how hard it was. She was staring at the clock, waiting for the end of her shift because she would be able to join him. And two hours later, she was driving to Shaw Memorial Emergency. After she asked where she could find him, she knocked at his door, room 567. She smiled at him and joined him. It was not planned, but she cupped her hands around his face and kissed him. When she ended it, they both looked at each other. It was their first kiss since the last one a month ago.

L: I was worried, ok?

He took her hand in his and played with her fingers. Lucy offered him a ride home after the doctor gave him his discharge papers. She drove him home and followed him into the living room. They sat on the sofa, and she automatically laid her head on his chest. They sat in silence, cuddling for minutes.

L: I'm staying tonight, except if you...
T: You can stay...

They went to bed early. The next morning, when Angela came to Tim's house to check on him, she spotted Lucy's car. She smiled and decided to go back to her house.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Two weeks after his injury, Tim was back at work. It became harder to keep their distance after more than a month of dating. Things changed a lot in two weeks too. They met an old Lucy's friend while they were at the grocery store; she introduced him as "her boyfriend." Later, he teased her with a "You upgraded me as your boyfriend?"" "Is it not what you are since a month?"" she said with a smirk on her face. Back to what they were before: a couple, an entity. There is no need to share the information right now with everyone; they have time and a whole life.

But what if they didn't have to share it? People had eyes, and eyes didn't lie. Their eyes didn't lie either when they stared at each other. It was obvious, like the first time. They were all at the food trucks for lunch. Tim was waiting for his order, staring at Lucy again. He didn't realize that Angela was standing next to him.

A: Since when?

He jumped, not ready to hear his best friend's voice.

A: Since when are you two a thing again?
T: A month and days. How did you figure it out?
A: Morning after you've been injured, I came before work to check on you; her car was here. Everyone caught you guys...
T: And gossips are ?
A: Honestly, most of them thought you were back together, and some of them thought you were just fucking. And well, some of them had their own opinions on what Lucy should do with you.
T: What a wonderful world.
A: It's none of their business. Tim, you both wanted this. And if people want to talk about that, let them do so. It's your life, not theirs.

He nodded, and they both joined everyone. Tim sat next to Lucy. After having a mental fight with himself, he looked at her and took her hand in front of everyone. Of course, it was their friends. No words were said, just smiles. They were just happy for them. And they knew the other cops from the station who were there would eventually start to spread the news. They were back together.

When she entered the locker room, she heard a bit of conversation she hoped she never heard. "Come on, she took him back; after all he did? So weak. I mean, who wants to be in a relationship again with someone who broke up with you? I won't be surprised if he breaks up with her again and... " It was enough for her. She finally faced them. Two rookies. Easy targets.

L: Anything else to say, boot?
R: No, ma'am.
L: Come on, don't be shy; maybe I should invite Sergeant Bradford to this conversation?
R: We're sorry, ma'am.
L: Listen to me carefully; my life and, by extension, Sergent Bradford's life are not your business. So now, get your stuff and go home. I'm not done with the both of you. Let me remind you of a little something: Here, now, you are nothing. I can end your career just like that.
R: Yes, ma'am.

Lucy joined Tim five minutes later in front of the elevator. She started to tell him what happened.

T: You really said, "Here, now, you are nothing. I can end your career just like that."?
L: Yes. Why ?
T: Well, I love that bossy side of you!

She smiled. They were just the two of them in this elevator.

L: They were rude.
T: I know. They are not the first, and they won't be the last. And I don't care.

As he finished his sentence, he quickly kissed her.

T: So let's give them what they want, hm?

The doors opened, Tim took Lucy's hand, and they both crossed the hallway to go out. It was a bit awkward for her to "give them what they want," but when she looked at him, she understood it was his way to show his love. And she liked it. Therapy helped him a lot to become a better version of himself. It was not easy every day. Now he was able to share his feelings and talk when something was wrong. He showed everyone the person he was when he was with her. Don't get him wrong; he was still the same when it came to work. He loved the man he was. He changed because of her, for the best.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
16/06/2024 : Here we're for the 2nd story of the week-end ! Hope you liked it :) Vote and comment, it helps :) Thank you so much again !