The Card. 6x8

Disclaimer :  ⚠️ SPOILERS. Ok, well, if you saw last episode, you saw that scene with Kojo.. I'd like to give an alternative way. I hope you will like it.

♪ Still into you cover - Dave Winkler. (That song is perfect, it matches perfectly with the episode )

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Lucy was at home with Celina. They were talking about her moving. It felt nice to have someone at home with her. As Celina went to the bathroom, someone knocked at the door.

Lucy opened the door and found Kojo sitting in front of her, an envelope in his mouth. She was surprised. She bent over and petted him. "Oh, I missed you!". Kojo ran back to his owner. Lucy knew. Tim was here, around the corner. She took the envelope, opened it, and found a card. A birthday card. Inside, she could read "Happy birthday, love, Kojo" and a paw print. Tears were running down her face. It hurt, but at the same time, it was him trying. It was too much to handle. She stood up, questioning herself about all of this. And suddenly it was crystal clear: she needed to see him; she had to see him. She was still into him after all of this, after he broke up with her.

She closed the door behind her and ran through the hall until she found him. He was standing there, Kojo's leash in one hand. They stood face-to-face without saying a word. She had his card in her hand. He noticed that. If the whole world were silent, we could hear the sound of their heartbeats. She was the first to move; she came closer to him.

L - Hm. Thank you for... you know... i mean... for the card.

He wanted to respond that it was Kojo's idea, but instead of that, he smiled. It was the Lucy effect. He brushed her hand in a clumsy way. She was surprised, but it felt so good to be touched by him. It was not enough for him. He grabbed her waist and held her against him while she put her hands on his back. It was more powerful than they thought. They took their time. They needed that. A quick reminder of what they lost and how much they are still into each other.

After a long time, Lucy ended the hug, looked at him, and smiled with tears. She knew that everything was over. He was not her anymore. She lost everything in that break-up. It was maybe the hug she was waiting for after that conversation in front of the station that night. She knew in the depths of herself that he still loved her; otherwise, why was he here, with a birthday card, waiting around the corner of the hall? But he wasn't emotionally available. She turned back before it was harder than it was already.

But Tim wasn't ready. He grabbed her waist. "Wait!". She stopped, turned her head, and looked at him. He knew he messed up. He can't stop thinking about something Dr. London said to him: "You've been punishing yourself. Depriving yourself of something you love that brings you joy, or more accurately, someone",. ". She was right. He was still in love with Lucy. How stupid he was to dump her, thinking it was the right thing to do.

T - Do you want to join us for a walk? Maybe have a talk, you know?

She nodded and sent a text to Celina to let her know where she was. They were just outside the building when Tim took Lucy's hand with apprehension. They interlaced their fingers the second time. They stayed outside 2 hours. Tim let Lucy talk first. She had things she had to say. It was hard to listen. And after, it was him. He was not the best at sharing his feelings, but he tried. She let him speak. He was honest with her: he still needs help dealing with his past.

T - But I'm not sure I can do it without you.
L - I'm not going anywhere.

She took his hand and interlaced her fingers with his. The way back home was silent. They were still holding hands. He brought her back to her apartment. He gave her a kiss next to the corner of her lips. "Good night, Lucy.".

L - Ask me again tomorrow, as you did the first time.
T - I will...

She opened the door at the same time he went back to his truck. Maybe Kojo was the key.

"Some things just make sense. And even after all this time, I'm into you. Baby, not a day goes by that I'm not into you. I should be over all the butterflies, but I'm into you. And baby, even on our worst nights, I'm into you. Let's wonder how we got this far, 'cause I don't really need to wonder at all. Yeah, after all this time, I'm still into you."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

12/05/2024 - Hope you enjoyed it ! Don't hesitate to vote if you liked it :)