Tequilla.

She was sitting on the grass. In front of her Jackson's West gravestone. On top of it is a glass full of tequila. In her right hand is a glass, and in her left is a bottle. It was the middle of the night, two years after his death. Tears were rolling down her face. It's been a while since she came here to talk to him. Not because she didn't have time, but because it was painful. Something was gone when he died. Of course she acted like everything was fine, but she lost her best friend. Tonight she was supposed to hang out with everyone from the station. They wanted to celebrate life and remembered Jackson. They decided to have a karaoke night and a few drinks at his favorite bar. Everyone was supposed to be here. But on the way to the event, she stopped her car at 7-11, bought a tequila and a plastic cup, and changed her destination. She just couldn't be somewhere where he wasn't. She drove to the cemetery where he was buried.

At first, she found it crazy to sit down there and serve him a drink. What was the point? Being drunk by herself?

L - Hey there. Long time, no see. I'm sorry, Jackson. It's been a while, but you know, coming here is still hard. I'm still waiting for you to come home sometimes. How crazy is that? I know you're dead, and you won't come back. I was supposed to celebrate you tonight with all the gang, but yeah, you know. I just can't. Instead of that, we are going to drink together until that bottle is empty.

Second drink.

L - A lot of things have happened since last time. Angela is pregnant again, and baby Jacskon is not a baby anymore. I've been shot, but I'm okay. I went to UC School, and I succeeded. Now, I am waiting for another UC case. What's the next step? What should I do now? Detective ? Maybe.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Everyone was at the bar, except her. As the night began, someone was a little concerned about the fact that she was not here. That night was for him; it was not just a hang-out night. Tim was waiting for his drink at the bar; he was here, but his mind was somewhere else.

A -  What's on your mind, Bradford?
T - Why's she not here?
A - She may have changed her mind; I practically did it. You tried to call her?
T - Not yet...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Fourth drink.

L - Oh yes, and you remember Emmet? Yes, him, from LAFD. He texted me the other day. I mean, c'mon, man, after all this time? Nonsense, right? I didn't answer to... Wait, my phone is ringing; let me check.

She didn't want to answer. It was Tim. Everyone tried to call her, actually. She sent him a text: "Om safe, change midn, went somewhere."". She laughed; the letter on her screen was so tiny. She put her phone back in her pocket.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Tim got that text; read it. He stood up, said bye to everyone, and left. Angela ran after him.

A - Where are you going?
T - Find her. She texted me.
A - What did she say? Tim showed her the text. C'mon she didn't even tell you where she was.
T - Not so many options; remember, I'm a cop; I got resources.
A - You're maybe a little concerned about that.
T -  What do you mean?

She gave him that look.

A - You have feelings for her, admit it
T - Angela please..
A - Timothy Bradford, don't lie to me. Don't you dare rolling your eyes in front of me
T - Stop that mommy advice with me, i'm not a two years old..
A - I'm going to be honest with you. Everyone is aware about the chemistry between the two of you. The only ones who didn't get it is actually you and Lucy. You can lie to me as long as you want but don't lie to you. Be honest with you for once. I know you are going to gove me your speech about friendship but hey, we all tried to reach her, you are the only one who had an answer. She said she was safe why are you going to find her? It was not a 911 text. I'm going to tell you why : You are worried. So ?

She smiled, put a hand on his shoulder and went back to the others. She maybe not wrong about everything she said. She was right. He admitted it to himself. He had feelings for her, since to long now. But it was not the subject right now. He had to find her.

He sat in this car, and thought. Where is she right now ? Another bar ? Her appartement. He called Tamara. Lucy wasn't home. Think Bradford. He send her a text. No answer. Think Bradford. You know her. It became clear. He started his truck, and drove. Maybe she was with him. Made sense.

After a fifteen-minute ride, he parked. Sad memories hit him as he walked through the gravestones. He found her in two minutes. She was on the ground, speaking to him, drinking tequila, and crying. It broke his heart. She was a mess. He could hear her discussion with him.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Fifth drink.

L - And I realized I have feelings for him. Like strong ones. I didn't see it coming. He was my TO and, recently, my friend. I tried my best to avoid them. But you know. I should forget about this; I don't want to mess up my work with him. And you know what? I'm sure I'm just a friend for him, and that's good. You know what is the most painful in all of that? You are not here. I can't send you a text to tell you how hot he was today or how much I want to kill him because he's a pain in the ass. You are not here when I come home to eat pizza and gossip about that. You are the only one who knows, and you are not here. You are not here, Jackson, and you will never be. You missed so many things. Even if it's not your fault, I'm angry, I'm sorry, and I shouldn't be. But i'm...

She was crying a lot. It's hurt. She missed him; she missed their friendship.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

He was not supposed to hear her confession about her feelings for him. Surprise. It broke his heart to see her like this. He left his spot and sat next to her. He took the tequilla of her hands.

T - Enough tequilla for tonight...

She looked at him, surprised first, and then relieved. She knew she was a mess; she could thank alcohol and grief. He pulled her close to him for a hug. She cried again.

T - Take you home?

She nodded. He helped her to stand up. She was drunk. She said bye to Jackson and followed Tim to his truck. She fell asleep during the ride. He woke up her and took her to her apartment. She gave him the keys, and he opened the door. He escorted her to her bedroom. She hugged him.

L -  Thank you.

She crashed on her bed and fell asleep in a minute. He closed the door.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

7am. She woke up with a massive headache. Bloody tequilla. She went to the kitchen for water. She found Tim sleeping on the couch. She was surprised. She went to wake him up.

L - Tim?
T - You awake? You are okay?
L - Drunk too much tequilla. But why are you there?
T - I took you home yesterday. I stayed, you know, in case you needed someone or something.
L - So you saw the sad and drunk Lucy yesterday? Nice.
T - Don't worry, I won't tell anyone. And Lucy, I heard you yesterday; you don't have to apologize to him because you are angry. It's normal. You lost him in a hard way; you didn't have the chance to say goodbye, and the hardest thing you did was get back to work to find Angela. Don't be sorry; it's ok to be angry.

She looked at him with tears in her eyes. They sat there in silence for a while. She was fidgetting with her fingers. He was looking at her when he asked.

T - So, apparently, you have feelings for me?
L - Oh my god, you heard that part too? Let me explain.
T - You don't have to.
L - Tim, please; you were not supposed to hear that. Tequilla made me talk to a dead person who was supposed to be my secret keeper. And I'm sorry.
T - Sorry? Why ? You didn't mean what you said?
L - Tim ...
T - Lucy?
L - Ok, I can't embarrass myself more than yesterday. I meant everything I said. Everything.
T - Good..
L - Good?
T - Because apparently I have feelings for you too, Lucy...

She looked at him. He looked at her. It was a bit unreal. The man whom she has feelings for also has feelings for her. It was hard to believe. And finally, it was not so hard when he took her hand and crossed his fingers with hers.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Thank you so much for everything. Please comment and vote it helps.