Twist of fate.

To Tim Bradford
From Lucy Chen:
" Tim,
You made it crystal clear 3 days ago. You decided what was the best for me and you left before i could say something. But I need to talk to you, so you will read. Twist of fate Tim, as much as you don't want me anymore : I'm pregnant. Was sick since 2 days, realized i was late, took a test, and 3 minutes after the answer was 2 pink's lines. Unexpected. Don't you think we need to have a proper adult conversation ? "

To Lucy Chen
From Tim Bradford :
" Oh sure..  "

To Lucy Chen
From Tim Bradford :
" Are you ok ? "

To Lucy Chen
From Tim Bradford :
" But how.. We.. "

To Tim Bradford
From Lucy Chen :
" How ? Maybe when we hooked up in your office not using a condom. Remember? Being irresponsible, because we couldn't wait home? You knocked me up and you broke up.. And no, i'm not okay Tim, what do you think ? "

To Lucy Chen
From Tim Bradford :
" My place or yours ? "

To Tim Bradford
From Lucy Chen :
" Can we met outside ? Celina is living here now, and i'm not ready to come at yours. "

To Lucy Chen
From Tim Bradford :
" Yes, sure. Baseball field ?  "

To Tim Bradford
From Lucy Chen :
" Ok. See you there in 30."

To Lucy Chen
From Tim Bradford :
" Do you need anything ? "

To Tim Bradford
From Lucy Chen :
" No. "

Twenty minutes later, he joined her. She was sitting on the bleachers, fidgetting with her fingers. She was always like this when she was nervous or inconfortable. He sat next to her, not to close, but not to far either. She put her hand in her bag, and took out the test before gave it to him. And five seconds after, she burst into tears. Too much to handle in three days. Ten seconds after, she was against him, in his arms. When she was done crying, she ended their hug and looked at him.

L: Why ?
T: Lucy..
L: I need to know why. Why did you leave ?
T: With Ray, all my traumas came back : My dad, Isabel, the army, everything. I wanted to protect you from this, from my past, my mistakes. You deserve better, you deserve someone mentally stable. You don't have to clean my mess. I didn't want you to lost your sparkles. Believe me or not, when i came out, i didn't know i was going to break up with you. And i saw you, standing there waiting for me. You hugged me, you were worried.  You didn't have to endure this, so maybe you will be better without me. And i ruined everything. Gave you easy reasons, and walked away. And even if it seemed not, but, it was so painfull, it's still. I made a mistake that night. The biggest one, i will probably regret it for the rest of my life. I'm not a good guy.
L: Who are you to decide i deserve better ? Who ? You can't do that, you can't. Don't act like my parents, please. I don't need your protection, i needed you. I want to be there with you, no matter what. Of course i was worried, it was you, don't blame me, you're the same. You have to stop to sabotage everything because you're thinking you're not a good guy, because you're not. You're not perfect, i'm not, nobody is. You've got traumas Tim, but you can work on it. It's not a reason to run away.
T: I'm sorry... I...
L: Being sorry is not enough anymore Tim. Please get some help. Not for me, but for you. You need it. You need to heal from your traumas and realise that you're not as bad as you think. You've been through a lot. You have the right to feel, to express, to live your emotions. I wish one day you see yourself the same way as me. Can i ask you something ?
T: Sure..
L: Do you love me ?
T: Yes.. I never stop..
L: Good..

He was not sure about his move, it was just his hand above hers. But what if he was crossing a line he couldn't anymore ? A deep breath later, his eyes were stucked on the test. At the same moment, instinctively Lucy was brushing her belly.

T: Maybe we should talk about this..
L: Maybe yes.
T: What do you want to do ?
L: Tim.. I... Look where we are. Everything exploded 3 days ago.
T: I know.
L: It was not the plan. Remember ?
T: But it happened, it's here now.
L: I know..
T: Listen, you will have the final decision, it's your body. But, in ever decision you will take, i'll be there. I always wanted to have kids. You won't be alone. Never. I will fight for you, for it, for us. I know i messed up everything, maybe you won't be able to forgive me and give me another chance, but we can do it as friends, couple, or whatever way you want. But if you are not ready, if this is not what you want know, with me, i will seat next to you, and hold your hand.
L: Thank you...
T: For ?
L: Your words. I'm not going to lie, but, When i texted you, i already knew. I knew i wanted to keep it, with or without you. Don't get me wrong i'm still hurt, i'm still mad at you and i think we will need more than one conversation to fix the situation. You need to see a therapist Tim... But, if you really want to do this, i'm ready. I mean, i'm not that ready i'm freaking out. It's insane. But, we can do it right ? Can we ?
T: Of course we can. I will take an appointement with the department shrink. But, maybe... maybe we should see someone together ? To work on our communication ? To help us ?
L: Yeah.. But you know at the end it maybe won't reunite us as a couple ? 
T: As long as you stay in my life Luce.. I will do anything, everything
L: Good. I know you're off but you free on friday 5pm ?
T: Yes why ?
L: OB appointement.
T: I will be there.
L: I know..

After a few words and a hug, they both joined their car. Tonight was the first step of something new. Step by step. After a warm shower, Lucy sat on the bathroom floor and reached her phone.

To Tim Bradford
From Lucy Chen :
" I still Love you.  "

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

05/07/2024: Hey Guys! I will take time to reread my OS later, cause i'm sure, i forget some words, or make big mistakes BUT I wanted to post it cause my nephew and My goddaughter are coming for the week, i'm not sure i will be able to post something. I hope you enjoyed it. I already know the subject for the next one... Might talk about a green dress.. ;-) ! Take care of you, please vote and leave a comment. It helps :) Thank you!!