chapter seventy-seven

Draco had explained to them his plan with the vanishing cabinet and Amy hated to admit it but it was their best idea. However, her and Mattheo (mostly Mattheo) were not big fans of bringing death eaters into the school.

After a few days of convincing, Mattheo finally agreed and the plan had been set. Fix the other cabinet, (which Draco told them was in the room of requirement), get the death eaters to come through Burkes, get to Dumbledore and get out.

They also had their poisons from Borgin and Burkes that they planned on using if all goes to shit. Draco and Mattheo also went back and picked up a cursed necklace that could also be used.

After four days of planning, Amy found herself at platform nine and three-quarters with her case in hand. Well, that was until Theo took it from her and carried it.

"How are you feeling?" He asked her quietly.

Amy didn't know how to answer. She was glad to be out of the Manor and away from all of the other death eaters. Yet she could not face the thought of staying in the same place as Dumbledore.

"I'm not too sure yet." She replied as she looked around at everyone on the platform. She never felt any different to her classmates, Hogwarts felt like somewhere she belonged. But not anymore, she felt as though she wasn't remotely similar to anyone else there because they were not stepping onto that train with a plan of killing the headmaster.

"Come on," he told her softly as he put his hand on her lower back and led her to the train. Draco had already left them to find Crabbe and Goyle, so it was just her and Theo with Mattheo trailing behind them.

Just as she was making her way through the crowd towards the train, her body was pushed sideways. Theo had to move his hand to keep her up. Yet she didn't really need his support as there was someone else grabbing hold of her.

She was being wrapped in what was maybe the tightest hug of her life. She didn't have to look to see who it was.

"Don't ever do that again!" Iris told her as she kept hold of her. "I thought you were dead!"

"I think I'm about to be." Amy replied as she felt it getting harder to breathe.

Iris let go of her and Amy made sure she didn't accidentally lift her sleeve up. Luckily in that moment Mattheo had pushed through the crowd and joined them.

Iris turned her attention to him and seemed to replicate the bone-breaking hug on him but he actually returned it.

"HOLY SHIT SHE'S ALIVE!"

Amy could recognise that voice in any sea of people.

Blaise Zabini knocked a first year on the ground as he rushed over to the group.

"BLAISE MIND THAT CHILD!"

Lorenzo Berkshire had joined them just seconds after as he stepped over the first year.

"She has risen!" Blaise yelled excitedly as he looked at Amy and she just laughed at him. "Iris!" He called out turning to her and Mattheo, "Who's that muggle guy in that book that died and comes back to life?"

"You mean Jesus?" Iris answered concerned.

He looked back to Amy, "She's Jesus!"

Enzo came up to her and put his arm on her shoulders, "Thank fuck you're still with us otherwise I would have been the only sane one left."

Amy hadn't felt this much happiness since she saw Theo for the first time at the Manor.

The sound of the trains whistle made them start boarding. The crowd of people moved into the compartment or the corridor so it took them a bit longer to find an empty compartment.