Working With The Winter Soldier As An Hydra Member Part 2

The world isn't too kind for Bucky. Y/N recognizes that. Forced to be imprisoned and made into a killer machine. It's only natural he feels protective to the man who shows him some kind of light. They escaped HYDRA, however they're looking for them. Kill Y/N and reclaim Bucky. Thus, they need to be somewhere safe. Somewhere where HYDRA won't get them. There appears only to be one answer, The Avengers. And with Bucky's best friend in the team, the chances are high they can have a better life over there then with HYDRA. Thus, their travel begins there.

In the airport, both men are ready to fly from Germany to the US. All dressed up with their disguises, they're prepared to leave the continent. Still, Bucky feels anxious and thus analyze the area, making sure he and Y/N isn't in any danger.

"You alright?" Bucky snaps back at his partner. While anxious, doesn't look at paranoid as he is. While wanting to assure Bucky things will be alright, there is still a chance HYDRA know where they are. "Don't freak out, alright? We don't want to draw attention." He put his hand on Bucky's, which helps him calm down.

-

They manage to get across the ocean without a problem. That being said, Bucky was on edge the entire time, only being held back by Y/N. Thus, they get out of the airport, take a taxi and get a motel. From there, they prepare their next actions.

"I'm not sure it's the best idea to get to SHIELD and turn us in. Ideally, I want to get to Captain America and let him help us from there." Y/N wishes there was a way to directly contact him.

Bucky is sitting on the bed. Next to him, Y/N is researching via his newly bought laptop. As he thinks for a plan, he searches for any opportunities they can use. To his surprise, there is.

"There is a meet and greet with the Avengers." Bucky looks intrigued and opens his ears. "It's from one week from now. ...Traveling to New York City take 5 days." He looks back at Bucky. "Everything is sold out, but we can always sneak in. With your expertise, I know we can do it."

Although still stoic, Bucky gives a hopeful look. Y/N can tell that. "Then that's the plan." He closes the laptop and put it aside, before looking back at Bucky. "...I've been thinking about something. We probably don't want to spook Captain America too much. Maybe it's better to have your old haircut?"

The man stands up, goes to their bags and look through their stuff. From there, he grabs a scissor and some shears. Y/N knows he agrees when he hands it over.

"I won't call myself a barber, but I promised you won't look hideous."

-

In the big city, there is an entire festival where fans will meet their heroes. For Bucky however, it's the day where he reunites with his best friend.

"I think it's best to get in over the fence." Y/N says as he checks out the area. Unbeknownst to him, Bucky isn't currently with him. "We have to time it right though. What do-?" He stops talking when he turns around, where he can't see his partner anymore. "Bucky?"

Luckily, the man didn't disappear, as he walks back to Y/N. The scientist gets back to him, worried by his absence. "Why did you leave?" That's when Bucky reveals two tickets in his hands. "You stole them, huh?" He remains silent, but a small smirk creeps on his face. This is the first time he sees Bucky smile, melting his heart a bit. "I would've scolded you if you didn't look so sweet now." He grabs one of the ticket. "Let's go."