Steve's affair with Tony's husband Part 5

After being rescued by Steve, they get their equipment back and escaped the prison known as a fortress. They first flew to Clint's house, to part ways with him. Afterwards, they depart with Scott. Steve wondered if Y/N would stay with them, but it doesn't appear he leaves anytime soon. That leaves them, as well Wanda, Sam and Bucky. However, they depart with him as well in Wakanda, where he will be treated for his mental struggles. That leaves Steve's squad with 4 people... for now.

After discussing Bucky's treatment with T'Challa, he sees Y/N standing outside on a balcony. He leans against the fence as he looks around the land. Steve joins him by standing next to him.

"We will likely travel around the world, wearing disguises and stay hidden." Steve looks back at Y/N, who still looks around. "It won't be easy, but we will manage. I won't blame you if you're not up to it."

Y/N let out a sigh, before looking back at Steve. "I... I don't know what I want. I promised to Tony we will go to couples therapy." He looks at the ring on his finger. "But... I'm not sure."

Steve then joins in at the sightseeing. "It's alright if you don't have an answer yet. Just say the word when you do. I'm sure Tony would make any allegations against you clear."

Y/N looks back as well. It takes a couple of seconds before he talks again. "I know I said we will be together after this. I'm sorry I raised your hope."

"It's alright." Steve says genuinely. "I understand it's not easy feeling so torn."

-

It's been a while before the 4 former Avengers left the world, where it's citizens are wondering what happened. They know some media would smear them as traitors, while other sources would praise them. One thing is clear, is that they won't see them anytime soon. Y/N often checks out the news to hear anything about his former teammates, as well his husband. Out of yet, Tony hasn't made any statement yet about his missing husband. However, every time he gets asked the question, there is a hollow face.

One of these days, Y/N is watching a press conference from a Japanese hotel via the tv. As he deeply focusses on Tony, who tries his best to show his cocky poker face, he gets shocked when the door opens, where Sam enters.

"Nat is back."

Following Sam, he joins him to Steve's room, where they see him, Wanda and now Natasha. Everyone of the group looks different of how they looked before. Y/N dyed his hair, like Natasha. Wanda usually wears a hoodie, as does Sam. Steve is growing a beard. With a smile, Y/N gives a hug to Natasha.

"Glad you're back."

"Glad to be." Natasha responds. "How are you holding up?"

"I've been better." Y/N admits, but it's not like lying would help, especially one so obvious.

After catching up with each other, they get some food before going their separate ways. Wanda is the first one to leave, following up with Y/N and Sam, leaving Steve with Natasha, who are sitting at a bed and chair.

"We need to focus on our strengths and weaknesses now that we have half of our team here." Natasha comments.

"I know, but each of us cover each other weaknesses. Still, we need to train on our synergy with each other."

Natasha hums. "Speaking of synergy, how are things with Y/N?"

Steve wonders if she figured out that he likes him, or if she's talking about Y/N and Tony. "He's still questioning his commitment with Tony. I think it's best to have him figure this out before having him make a decision."