Steve's affair with Tony's husband Part 4

The accords signing at Vienna didn't go as expected. A bomb explodes, leading to the death of king T'Chaka. Captain America quickly tries to figure out who done it. His trails lead to his old friend, James Barnes. Even with his past, Steve knows this isn't caused by Bucky. However, other people disagree, leading them to be captured. Steve is put in a glass wall office, away from his weapons. Bucky, on the other hand, is apprehended and is put in a pod. Then somewhere where he can't reach other people.

Through the glass wall, he sees the security cameras. While watching it, his gaze quickly switches when Tony enters the room. "Hey, you wanna see something cool? I pulled something from Dad's archives. Felt timely." Steve sits down at the desk. Meanwhile Tony put his jacket away. Afterwards, he shows him two pens in a black presentation box and put them on the desk. "FDR signed the Lend-Lease bill with these in 1941. Provided support to the Allies when they needed it most."

"Some would say it brought our country closer to war."

"See? If not for these, you wouldn't be here. I'm trying to... what do you call it?" Tony sits down as well. "That's an olive branch. Is that what you call it?"

Instead of playing along with Tony's philosophical battle, Steve is curious about something else. Or rather, someone else. "Where is Y/N? Is he here."

"He's home. Back at our home." Steve can tell Tony is ticked off, even with his cool attitude.

"He told me you two are in a rough patch. Sorry to hear."

"It's nothing we can't manage." Tony says with confidence. "I'm glad he got someone he considers a friend. Kinda sucks the friend has a crush on him." Although smirking, Steve can feel a death glare.

"He told you about the kiss?"

Tony chuckles. "I gotta be honest, since you're back from the 40s, I thought you didn't like the whole gay thing. And now I wish you did hate it."

"It doesn't matter of how I feel. He's completely devoted to you."

"Well, nowadays it doesn't feel that way." Tony comments with a sad smile. "Ever since Ultron, he's upset at me. Not that I can blame him. And then, and then, and then, I never stopped. Because the truth is I don't wanna stop. I don't wanna lose him. I thought maybe the Accords could split the difference." Tony stands up and paces around. "In his defense, I'm a handful. Yet, Dad was a pain in the ass, but he and Mom always made it work."

"You know, I'm glad Howard got married. I only knew him when he was young and single." Steve comments.

"Oh, really? You two knew each other? He never mentioned that. Maybe only a thousand times. God, I hated you." The billionaire mutters the last part.

"I don't mean to make things difficult."

"I know, because you're a very polite person."

"If I see a situation pointed south... I can't ignore it. Sometimes I wish I could."

"No, you don't." Tony merely replies.

Steve smiles thinly. "No, I don't. Sometimes..."

"Sometimes I wanna punch you in your perfect teeth. But I don't wanna see you gone, even if you want to sleep with my husband." Tony wishes things were different, but he's realistic. The Avengers need Steve. "We need you, Cap. So far, nothing's happened that can't be undone, if you sign. We can make the last 24 hours legit. Barnes gets transferred to an American psych-center... instead of a Wakandan prison."

Steve frowns and picks up one of the fountain pens. He stands up and paces around, then turns to Tony. "I'm not saying it's impossible, but there would have to be safeguards."