Ch. 201: Chance Encounter at the Mall

Wei Chen was slightly taken aback upon hearing this, but he did not find it surprising. He suspected that Wei Hua didn't inform Grandfather Wei about this on his own. A large part of it may be that Grandfather Wei heard from Wei Zhenxiong that the project was inexplicably stopped by Wei Hua. Grandfather Wei then called Wei Hua to ask for the reason, and Wei Hua informed him about the trap set by the Chen family for Wei Corporation.

Before the Chinese New Year, Grandfather Wei had planned to transfer Wei Zhenxiong back to Shanghai and let Wei Hua manage the family's business in Beijing. However, due to the collaboration between Wei Zhenxiong and the Chen family, Grandfather Wei decided not to transfer Wei Zhenxiong.

But this time was different. Wei Zhenxiong had almost caused a major disaster. If Wei Hua hadn't terminated this project in advance, Wei Corporation in Beijing would likely no longer exist under the pressure from the Chen family.

Naturally, Grandfather Wei was furious this time. Despite Wei Zhenxiong's efforts to explain, Grandfather Wei probably wouldn't let Wei Zhenxiong stay in Beijing anymore.

Perhaps Wei Zhenxiong would feel resentful and ultimately choose to return to Shanghai. It was evident from the fact that Wei Hua quietly acquired 13% of Wei Corporation's shares in Beijing that the Beijing branch of Wei Corporation was now under Wei Hua's control.

Wei Zhenxiong would go back, as he couldn't do anything when a younger family member had the upper hand. It was better for him to return to Shanghai and be the heir there. Although most of the power in Shanghai was in Grandfather Wei's hands, he still had some influence.

In just a moment, Wei Chen figured out the complicated relationships.

"I understand," Wei Chen nodded, his gaze shifting to another document in his hand. "What's in here?" Clearly, he didn't want to dwell on matters related to Wei Zhenxiong.

Wei Hua understood and didn't steer the conversation back to Wei Zhenxiong. He said, "During the Spring Festival, we returned to Shanghai, right? I heard from Awen that you were investigating the kidnapping case from fifteen years ago. Coincidentally, I have a university classmate working in the Ministry of Public Security, so I asked him to help me gather some information. Inside is the confession of the kidnapper who survived back then. Perhaps you'd like to take a look."

As Wei Chen looked at the document in his hand, his gaze grew deep.

After learning that Chen Li was the young boy from back then, he began investigating the kidnapping case. However, perhaps because someone wanted to keep this kidnapping case forever sealed, no matter how much Wei Chen investigated, when it came to crucial moments, the investigators would apologize and say they couldn't continue the investigation.

"My classmate mentioned that obtaining this information was quite difficult, as if someone didn't want anyone to know about this matter," Wei Hua added, confirming Wei Chen's thoughts. It was indeed challenging for a senior official in the Ministry of Public Security to obtain this information. What hidden secrets were there about the kidnapping case fifteen years ago?

"This matter, I've been investigating for a long time, but when it reached a certain point, the leads were blocked, and many people were afraid to continue their investigation," Wei Chen said without opening the file. He simply gently caressed the surface of the document folder, his gaze deep.

"So, do you think your kidnapping years ago wasn't a coincidence? It was deliberate? Maybe someone was orchestrating it from behind?" Wei Hua asked, not looking at the retrieved information. After all, it involved Wei Chen's privacy. Hearing Wei Chen's words now, he realized the kidnapping case back then was far from simple.