Ch. 265: Planning to Go Aboard

"I already had breakfast when I arrived," Chen Yunlan chuckled, feeling the word 'Dad' from Chen Li went straight to his heart, making it instantly tender, feeling like he could never get enough of hearing it.

"Oh," Chen Li replied softly, bowing his head to continue eating his porridge.

Chen Yunlan's gaze remained fixed on Chen Li, not with fiery intensity but with an unparalleled emotional depth, as if his entire soul had fallen for Chen Li.

At the most despairing moment in his life, he found his child, and with that, found the light to continue living.

After finishing breakfast, Wei Chen took Chen Li for a stroll in the garden downstairs. Throughout, Wei Chen was visibly cautious, taut with anxiety, fearing even the slightest discomfort for Chen Li. Whether it was a step or a small staircase, Wei Chen would remind Chen Li, almost eager to reach out and lift him down.

While enjoying Wei Chen's care, Chen Li also sensed his nervousness. He held Wei Chen's hand tightly, his brows slightly curved, revealing a faint smile, "Achen, I'm fine, you're just too anxious."

Wei Chen acknowledged his excessive anxiety; his palms were sweaty, "I know. Give me some time to adjust."

Everything happened too suddenly, catching Wei Chen off guard, and he hadn't psychologically prepared for the shift in roles. Moreover, with his Li Li being so weak, if something were to happen, he would deeply regret it.

"Alright," Chen Li nodded, embracing Wei Chen and leaning up to lightly plant a kiss on Wei Chen's lips.

Wei Chen held Chen Li's waist, tenderly deepening the moment.

...

By noon, Chen Li lay back on the hospital bed, engrossed in watching cartoons on TV. Wei Chen had gone to Changfeng Group for something and hadn't returned yet. Chen Yunlan was keeping Chen Li company at the hospital, sitting beside the ward, slicing an apple for Chen Li.

At that moment, there was a knock on the door.

"Come in," Chen Yunlan handed the sliced apple to Chen Li, addressing the entrance.

The door opened, and a small figure dashed in like a bullet, then stopped by the bedside. A soft, tender voice followed, "Uncle Chen Li, do you feel a bit better now?"

Chen Li looked towards the concerned Little Biscuit, faintly curling his lips, "Much better, thank you for your concern, Little Biscuit."

Little Biscuit cautiously climbed onto Chen Li's bed, making sure not to touch Chen Li, then leaned over to blow gently on the bandage tied around Chen Li's forehead.

"Pain, pain, fly away, pain, pain, fly away," Little Biscuit said earnestly while blowing.

"Yeah, the pain has already flown away," Chen Li played along.

"Little Biscuit, come down, don't disturb your uncle's rest." Cookie followed in after Little Biscuit. Seeing that Little Biscuit had climbed onto Chen Li's hospital bed, he cautioned.

"Okay," Little Biscuit obediently responded, getting off the bed and finding a stool to sit on, watching the cartoons on the television.

"Chen Li, how do you feel today?" Cookie handed the flowers brought and addressed Chen Yunlan while talking to Chen Li.

Chen Li smiled and said, "I'm fine now."

Cookie quickly sensed the change in Chen Li. Now, Chen Li's condition was much better. Previously, only when Wei Chen was around would Chen Li completely relax. But now, even in Wei Chen's absence, Chen Li was still at ease.