Ch. 278: A New Year

Chinatown was quite far from the estate, taking over an hour by car. During the drive, Chen Li couldn't resist the drowsiness and fell asleep with his head on Wei Chen's lap.

Chen Li slept soundly, holding Wei Chen's hand, breathing evenly, no longer disturbed by nightmares.

Wei Chen lowered his head to observe Chen Li's sleeping face. After a few days of rest, most of the fatigue had faded from Chen Li's face. He had regained a healthy rosy complexion, and the dark circles around his eyes had diminished. Although he had lost some weight, the lost flesh would eventually be regained.

Wei Chen's slender fingers gently stroked Chen Li's face, his eyes filled with tenderness and concern. Without Lan Xiping, he wouldn't be able to see the depths of Chen Li's inner world or understand the intense pain he experienced in his dreams.

Rather than calling it a dream, it was more like a first-hand experience. The sensations felt too real-warm and sticky blood on his hands, the pungent smell of rust-like blood that even his nose could detect. The pain of the knife piercing the skin was sharp and persistent, and the fear of death was like a mountainous tidal wave, overwhelming.

Wei Chen found it difficult to imagine how Chen Li endured such pain, especially considering it wasn't a one-time or two-time occurrence. Every time he closed his eyes, it haunted him like a relentless scourge, akin to a festering sore clinging to one's bones, whipping at them over and over.

In a previous life, Wei Chen had experienced a similar pain once, so he could empathize more profoundly. Consequently, he felt even more distressed about Chen Li this time. With Lan Xiping's appearance, he could now enter Chen Li's nightmares and grasp his hand, reassuring him that they were alive and the nightmares were false.

In the shared nightmare, they found each other alive. Even the fourth intertwining, the moment of spiritual and physical union, washed away everything like a receding tide. The deathly silence and pain faded away together, and the tightly gripped heart found relief, beating lively once again.

Perhaps Wei Chen's movements were too gentle, and Chen Li started to feel itchy in his sleep. Chen Li shifted a bit and reached out to hold Wei Chen's hand, even in his dreams, adopting a position where their fingers intertwined.

Chen Li rubbed against Wei Chen's leg but didn't wake up.

Wei Chen's eyes softened even more. He tightly held Chen Li's hand, closed his eyes, and rested.

Chen Yunlan, glancing through the rearview mirror, saw the interaction between the two, and a smile unconsciously appeared on his lips. This was a good outcome, wasn't it?

With the cultural influence of China spreading, the Spring Festival in China gradually became an international celebration. Even on the streets of LD City in F country, decorations started to appear. However, the place with the strongest festive atmosphere was undoubtedly the Chinatown in LD City, where everywhere you looked, it was adorned in the vibrant red of China.

Abroad, Chinese families were still the ones with the most abundant New Year goods. Chen Yunlan had already prepared a shopping list in advance, but now he let Chen Li and Wei Chen explore on their own before diving into the lively atmosphere of Chinatown.

Chen Li and Wei Chen wandered aimlessly through the bustling streets. Chen Li wasn't used to crowded crowds, tightly holding Wei Chen's hand. However, his big eyes couldn't help but curiously look around, as if he wanted to experience everything.

Wei Chen understood Chen Li very well. Wherever Chen Li's eyes went, Wei Chen could understand what he was thinking and would take him to see and play without any conditions.