Ch. 262: A Bowl of Fish Soup

"Chen Li is pregnant," Wei Chen repeated these four words once again.

"Pregnant!" A wave of joy surged within Chen Yunlan, suppressing his extreme anger. He walked back to the door of the ward, gently pushed it ajar, and peered through to see Chen Li peacefully asleep inside.

"Li Li is very happy," Wei Chen's voice, though devoid of any expression, had softened considerably. "He knows he has a father now, and he is happy."

Chen Yunlan was taken aback; he understood Wei Chen's implication. Wei Chen was warning him not to act impulsively. Chen Yunlan then said, "I understand."

As he calmed down, he pondered carefully. If he had acted foolishly just now, considering that he and Chen Li had only recently acknowledged each other, and now Chen Li was pregnant, he had become a grandfather. This life was something he had never dared to dream of before, and it was now unfolding before him. If Wei Chen hadn't stopped him earlier, he might have really done something foolish out of anger. Then, the happiness that was within his grasp would have been shattered. It wasn't worth the risk.

Seeing that Chen Yunlan had calmed down, Wei Chen didn't say much more. He simply said to Chen Yunlan, "I'm going out for a while; stay with Li Li, okay?"

"Alright," Chen Yunlan nodded, thanking Wei Chen for giving him the opportunity to be with Chen Li.

Although he was Chen Li's father, Chen Yunlan was well aware that his position in Chen Li's heart was incomparable to Wei Chen's. Wei Chen was Chen Li's pillar of support and solace, while he was just an additional presence, dispensable in reality.

This realization left Chen Yunlan somewhat disheartened, but he also understood that Rome wasn't built in a day. He had just met Chen Li, and Chen Li was still in the process of accepting and getting accustomed to him. It wasn't possible for him to place him in an important position in his heart immediately.

However, there were many days in the future, and he was determined to make Chen Li completely accept him!

With a firm resolve in his eyes because of Chen Li's presence, he began to envision a hopeful life once again.

Sheng Jiaqi, standing aside, witnessed Chen Yunlan's change. Also a father himself, he understood Chen Yunlan's mindset and believed that Chen Yunlan would be a good father.

Chen Yunlan was unaware of Sheng Jiaqi's opinion of him. He gently pushed open the door of the ward and walked in, sitting by the bedside, his gaze fixed on Chen Li's face, unable to look away.

Wei Chen exited the hospital, where Jiang Ye had been waiting for him at the entrance. After exchanging greetings, they got into a car and headed towards the capital's train station.

In about an hour, the high-speed train that Reinhert was on would be arriving, and before it did, they needed to prepare and retrieve the nets they had laid down.

*

Beijing City, Train Station.

Despite not being a holiday, the train station in the capital city remained bustling. Every day, countless individuals arrived in this city carrying their dreams, while an equal number left shattered and disappointed, their dreams unfulfilled.

Despite the constant influx of people, this city continued to transform at a rapid pace, attracting more dream pursuers with each passing day.

Jiang Ye parked the car in the train station's parking lot but didn't disembark. Wei Chen leaned against the car window, his gaze fixed on the prominent sign of the vast train station.

Shortly after, a vehicle pulled up beside them. It wasn't a top-quality car, a domestic brand, but the individuals getting out were familiar to Wei Chen and Jiang Ye.