Ch. 204: The New Classmate

In the class group, due to Chen Li's sudden joining, the information exploded instantly. Within a few seconds, several screens were filled with messages, and nothing was visible amidst the flood of messages.

Seeing this, the class monitor promptly enforced a group-wide mute.

Now the class group was quiet, but numerous glares were directed at the class monitor.

The class monitor shrugged and gestured towards Chen Li. Everyone looked, and Chen Li didn't have a phone in hand; instead, he was attentively reading a book!

The most disheartening thing isn't that someone is more talented and superior than you. It's when they are more talented, superior, and more hardworking and ambitious than you!

With Chen Li as an exceptionally excellent reference, classmates who still had their phones in hand put them away and took out their textbooks for this class, reading them attentively.

When the subject teacher entered and saw this scene, he was somewhat surprised. Normally, when he entered the class for a lesson, students either had their phones out or were chatting together. Today, they were unusually serious even before the class began, with their books open on the desk, each of them looking very focused.

The teacher deliberately went out to check the floor and noticed that the water from last night's rain hadn't completely dried. He looked outside and murmured to himself, "Strange, it didn't rain red yesterday. Could it be my eyes playing tricks on me?"

The students naturally heard this muttering, prompting laughter and livening up the atmosphere in the class.

This teacher was great in teaching, witty and humorous, but one thing that annoyed the students was his tendency to take attendance, making students stand up one by one, being quite strict.

So, escaping his class was simply a pipe dream.

This time was no exception. One student was called, and they stood up. According to the usual, Chen Li's name wasn't on the attendance list because, after all, he was an auditor and didn't have such strict requirements.

When the teacher finished calling the last name and discovered there was one more name on the list.

"You have a new student in your class?" the teacher asked. Upon seeing the name clearly, he realized it was Chen Li.

Chen Li was excellent. Aside from not being talkative and not liking to interact with others, all the teachers teaching this class liked Chen Li.

This teacher was no different. Seeing Chen Li's name on the attendance list, the teacher understood what was going on and was genuinely happy for Chen Li from the bottom of his heart.

It can be openly stated that Chen Li's level of expertise is more than sufficient to be a teacher even at Q University's School of Fine Arts. So, the school's decision to specially admit Chen Li was a clear choice.

The classmates in the class hadn't received the notification yet, so when they heard the teacher say this, they were a bit puzzled. When did a new student come to their class? Why hadn't they seen them? Did they transfer from another major?

But that shouldn't be the case. It was only the first academic year. How could someone switch majors so quickly?

The teacher had a bit of a mischievous streak. Otherwise, they wouldn't have asked the students to stand up during roll call. Seeing the puzzled looks on the students' faces, the teacher didn't immediately reveal the answer. They intentionally remained silent for a long time before slowly pronouncing Chen Li's name.

"Chen Li."

When roll call started, Chen Li began to pay attention to his name. Now, hearing his name, Chen Li reflexively said, "Here!" and quickly stood up.