Ch. 217: Twist of Fate

Uncle, cousin Cookie," Jiang Ye walked up and greeted Sheng Jiaqi and Cookie.

When Little Biscuit saw Jiang Ye, he rushed into Jiang Ye's arms like a missile and hugged his thigh, softly saying, "Uncle, Biscuit misses you."

Jiang Ye was Cookie's cousin.

Jiang Ye picked up Cookie and said, "It's been a long time since I've seen you, Little Biscuit." With that, he gently rubbed Little Biscuit's chubby cheeks.

"Yeah, Uncle never comes to see Biscuit," Little Biscuit pouted and complained.

Coincidentally, Jiang Ye noticed that Little Biscuit was missing a tooth, "It's Uncle's fault; Little Biscuit lost a tooth, Uncle didn't know."

Little Biscuit realized that his missing tooth was noticed and quickly covered his mouth, not speaking. It was quite unsightly to have a missing tooth.

"Xiao Ye, do you know Achen?" Sheng Jiaqi asked, surprised that Jiang Ye appeared at Wei Chen's house.

Jiang Ye stopped teasing Little Biscuit and answered Sheng Jiaqi's question while holding Little Biscuit, "I've collaborated on some projects with the Wei family."

Sheng Jiaqi didn't ask further; he knew how capable his nephew was, despite being only a sophomore. He had to admire the skills Jiang Ye possessed. Teaming up with Wei Chen was indeed a formidable alliance.

As for why Jiang Ye and Lan Xiping were here at this moment, it was because Lan Xiping wanted to come and apologize. After all, his negligence had caused a commotion that worried a large group of people.

Originally, Lan Xiping thought he would apologize to Chen Li later, but when he found out that Jiang Ye knew Chen Li's family, he persuaded Jiang Ye to bring him here.

Jiang Ye knew Wei Chen lived in this neighborhood, but he didn't know which floor exactly. Just as he was about to call Wei Chen, he coincidentally met Wei Chen and Wei Hua going upstairs after buying groceries.

However, Jiang Ye didn't expect the world to be so small that he would meet Sheng Jiaqi's family in Wei Chen's home.

Since they all knew each other, there was no longer any sense of restraint. Jiang Ye introduced Lan Xiping to everyone, and Lan Xiping acted relaxed. Coupled with his handsome appearance and confident demeanor, he quickly blended in.

Wei Chen carried the groceries into the kitchen, and Wei Hua volunteered to help. However, not long after, he was chased out by Wei Chen. Having studied in the United States for five years and not knowing how to cook even a bowl of porridge, he was far from being useful in the kitchen; his presence would only create chaos.

Wei Hua wasn't annoyed when he was chased out. Instead, he went to play with Little Biscuit. At the moment, Little Biscuit was sticking to Cookie and wanted some ice cream. However, Cookie didn't give any to Little Biscuit because he had already eaten one when he went out. Even though it was summer, it's still best to consume less cold food.

Little Biscuit was usually well-behaved, but he had an inexplicable obsession with ice cream. Cookie didn't know where this obsession came from until he was with Wei Hua.

Despite Wei Hua being a grown man, when it came to eating ice cream, he was carefree. Even in the midst of a vast snowfall outdoors in the cold weather, he could enjoy it immensely. Cookie felt it was freezing just watching him.

Wei Hua picked up Little Biscuit and whispered in his ear, "Little Biscuit, guess what Uncle Wei just bought at the supermarket?"

Little Biscuit's eyes lit up, and he immediately guessed the answer, whispering back, "Ice cream?"