Ch. 275: Xiping Arrives

The timeline had already entered the depths of winter, with the wind and snow raging outside the window.

The cold wind seemed furious, howling and roaring outside the window as if intending to overturn the world. Snowflakes fell in abundance, resembling goose feathers, swiftly enveloping the world under their influence and continuing to expand.

In such a snowstorm, no matter how thick the doors and windows were, they couldn't block out the eerie sounds of wailing and howling from outside, penetrating the ears and resonating in the heart.

Wei Chen was awakened by the noise of the snowstorm. Without opening his eyes fully, he gently covered Chen Li's ears with his hand, hoping to let him sleep more peacefully.

Perhaps Chen Li did not hear the snowstorm outside the window, but within Chen Li's dreams, a more intense snowstorm had already taken place.

Dreams that Chen Li had forgotten returned to him-the cold white, piercing blood-red, and the two lifeless bodies lying above and below the hospital bed, both staring fixedly at each other, never to meet again.

Intense pain emanated from his heart, perhaps to prove that he was alive. Chen Li began to struggle violently, tears staining his face at some point.

Wei Chen noticed, but he dared not wake Chen Li from that nightmare, fearing that his negligence might trigger the psychological suggestion in Chen Li's mind, causing consequences he couldn't bear.

As the night deepened, the storm outside persisted, and Chen Li finally succumbed to the nightmare, abruptly opening his eyes. It was as if he had been lifted up by someone, and he fiercely jumped on the bed.

Only when Wei Chen knew that Chen Li had awakened did he turn on the bedside lamp. Chen Li was blinded by the sudden light and, as if realizing something, suddenly pounced into Wei Chen's arms, not letting him see his tear-streaked face.

Wei Chen embraced Chen Li, gently patting his shoulders without speaking, providing the most comforting and secure feeling with his broad shoulders.

After the wave of pain in his heart subsided, Chen Li, in Wei Chen's embrace, said, "Achen, let's do it."

Wei Chen's hand touched Chen Li's swollen belly. He didn't agree immediately; could Chen Li's current body withstand it?

Chen Li said, "I asked the doctor, and he said it's okay."

The doctor Chen Li mentioned was introduced by Wang Kaiji, someone who knew that men could give birth. During this time, he would come regularly to conduct check-ups for Chen Li.

"So, let's do it." Chen Li raised his head, and the last word "do it" disappeared in the lips that were now intertwined.

This time, Chen Li was very enthusiastic, and Wei Chen couldn't resist any longer, shifting from being passive to taking the initiative, gently taking Chen Li once, controlling the intensity throughout to avoid hurting him.

In the latter half of the night, perhaps due to exhaustion, Chen Li seemed to have avoided nightmares and slept soundly until dawn. However, Wei Chen knew that Chen Li hadn't really fallen asleep; he was just pretending to sleep to avoid worrying Wei Chen. Chen Li's irregular breathing gave away the act.

Wei Chen saw through it but didn't expose it. He stayed with Chen Li until dawn, holding Chen Li's somewhat cold hand tightly, afraid that letting go would make the person beside him leave forever.

As dawn approached, the furious snowstorm that had been retaliating against the world finally subsided. The eerie sounds outside the window came to an end, but the entire world was covered in a thick layer of snow and ice.