Ch. 245: Psychological Suggestion

Wei Chen, upon hearing these words, tightened his grip on Chen Li's hand involuntarily.

He had initially thought that Li Li, like himself, had also reincarnated, but Li Li hadn't recalled his past life yet. It was only after hypnosis by Xu Ruru that, due to a stimulus, he remembered his past life in the form of dreams.

However, he now understood the reason. The reason why Li Li was tormented by nightmares day and night was due to a psychological suggestion set by Reinhert. The dream scenes resembled his past life, leading Li Li to unconsciously correlate them based on his previous memories.

"Achen." Chen Li felt Wei Chen's increased grip on his hand and became somewhat worried. As for what Lan Xiping had just said, Chen Li was still a bit confused.

Wei Chen came back to his senses, ruffled Chen Li's hair with his other hand, and reassured, "I'm fine," before turning to Lan Xiping, asking, "Why did Chen Yunsheng want Li Li to have brain death?"

"His daughter needs a heart transplant," Lan Xiping frowned. "Chen Li's surname is also Chen, so he and Chen Yunseng are father and son, right?"

"In legal terms, yes," Wei Chen said. He didn't want to acknowledge that the Chen family were Li Li's relatives; they didn't deserve it at all.

"No wonder," Lan Xiping's frown deepened, and anger flickered in his eyes. "I was wondering how could Chen Yunsheng manage to obtain Chen Li's heart even after brain death. Now I understand. Is this what a father does? Why is his heart so cruel! To save his daughter, he's willing to sacrifice one of his sons!"

After Chen Li's brain death, Chen Yunsheng had the right to decide whether to donate the body. Through certain means, they could transplant Chen Li's heart to Chen Yu.

The country prohibits live organ donations, and so the Chen family resorted to such a malicious method. If there were no such prohibition, would the Chen family directly resort to murder for the heart transplant?

Lan Xiping was born in a small and harmonious village and had faced troublesome relatives, but it was all petty squabbles. When had he seen such a dark side? For a moment, he felt indignant, even harboring a refusal to accept Chen Yu as a patient.

However, Lan Xiping quickly calmed down. Setting aside whether Chen Yu was innocent or not, he was a future doctor. His duty was to save lives, regardless of human nature. But the methods used-like this one-he vehemently refused.

Chen Li, at this moment, finally grasped the situation. Holding Wei Chen's hand, he looked at him dazedly. "Achen, are they trying to kill me?"

Wei Chen promised, "Li Li, I won't let them succeed!" Wei Chen chose not to hide anything from Chen Li. If he wanted to hide it, he wouldn't have let Chen Li overhear his conversation with Lan Xiping just now.

Oddly, at this moment, Chen Li didn't feel an ounce of fear or nervousness. Instead, he smiled and said, "Achen, I believe in you."

Wei Chen leaned in and kissed Chen Li's lips. "Li Li, thank you for your trust."

Though the road to the future is filled with challenges, as long as they face it together, every step, even through thorns and difficulties, will be a journey of happiness, despite the scars.

*

Lan Xiping quietly left the room. Coming out of the meeting room, he found his eyes unexpectedly moist. He didn't know the obstacles Wei Chen and Chen Li's union would have to overcome. But what he saw in front of him was just one hurdle, a very difficult one to cross.

As Lan Xiping reached Wang Kaiji's office door, he composed himself before knocking.

Upon hearing Wang Kaiji's permission to enter, Lan Xiping pushed the door and entered the office, getting straight to the point. "Teacher, give me six months. I want to study psychology."