Ch. 243: Past Life in Dreams

After the Mid-Autumn Festival holiday, Wei Chen, Chen Li, Jiang Ye, and Lan Xiping returned to Beijing together. However, before their return, Wei Chen had a conversation with his grandfather. It's unknown what they discussed, but when they left, Grandfather Wei directly gave Chen Li a large red envelope, essentially acknowledging Chen Li.

It was the first time Chen Li had received a red envelope, although Chen Li didn't fully understand its significance. Nonetheless, this didn't diminish Chen Li's excitement. From Shanghai to Beijing, Chen Li held onto the red envelope the entire way and was reluctant to let it go.

"Thank you both for this time," Wei Chen said to Lan Xiping and Jiang Ye at the airport. If it hadn't been for these two, Chen Li might not have known what situation could have arisen. Chen Li's ability to escape danger this time was greatly owed to Jiang Ye and Lan Xiping.

"It was the least we could do," Jiang Ye smiled, not thinking much of their actions.

Wei Chen didn't indulge in formalities with them. True friends didn't need such formality.

As they bid farewell at the airport gate, just as Wei Chen was about to wave down a taxi, a car stopped in front of him. The window rolled down, revealing Wei Hua's face.

"I guessed you'd come back today, checked the flight information, and my guess was right," Wei Hua said with a big smile. "Get in. We're going to my father-in-law's for a meal. It's Little Biscuit's birthday today."

"Let's swing by Changfeng first," Wei Chen, holding Chen Li's hand, got into the car and said to Wei Hua.

"Sure thing," Wei Hua said, starting the car and driving off.

Wei Chen didn't return to the Changfeng Group for business but went to the marketing department to pick up a small car model. It was the latest model of a supercar under the Max brand. It was referred to as a model, but in reality, it was a scaled-down version of the supercar. Children could sit inside it and use a remote control to make the car run.

This supercar model was quite expensive, almost comparable in price to the car Wei Hua was driving now.

"Did you especially come back for a gift?" Wei Hua raised an eyebrow, noticing the distinctive Max logo.

Wei Chen placed the model in the trunk and sat back down. "It's Little Biscuit's birthday. We can't just show up empty-handed."

Wei Hua suddenly mentioned it, and Wei Chen realized he hadn't prepared any gifts. Coincidentally, a few days ago, the Max Group had sent him several models of supercars. In a rush, Wei Chen had no choice but to make use of these models as an offering.

...

The Sheng family was quite lively at the moment. They were celebrating their most beloved grandson's birthday. Naturally, a grand birthday banquet was arranged for Little Biscuit, inviting his close friends and the entire Sheng family.

When Wei Hua arrived with Wei Chen and Chen Li, the Sheng family was already in high spirits. Little Biscuit was playing with his friends, his face displaying innocent and healing smiles.

Just after parting ways with them at the airport, Jiang Ye encountered them again at this moment. It was Little Biscuit's birthday, so Jiang Ye, being his uncle, naturally had to come, although Lan Xiping was absent.

Upon seeing Jiang Ye, Chen Li automatically began to search for Lan Xiping. In his impression, Lan Xiping and Jiang Ye always seemed to be together.

"Lan Xiping had something to attend to and went back to school," Jiang Ye, as if seeing through Chen Li's thoughts, directly responded to the doubt in Chen Li's mind.