Ch. 329: Prompt Departure

Chen Li concluded the call with Chen Yunlan and turned around to see Wei Chen standing behind him, asking, "Don't you need to accompany him downstairs?"

Chen Li wasn't sure how to address Wei Zhenxiong, so he simply used 'he' to refer to him.

Wei Chen walked over and pulled Chen Li into his arms, gently planting a kiss on Chen Li's forehead, saying, "No need, let him stay by himself."

Putting an arm around Wei Chen's waist, Chen Li was momentarily at a loss for words. He simply rubbed against Wei Chen in what seemed like a comforting gesture.

Wei Chen's eyes softened with a gentle smile. "Li Li, don't worry, I'm fine."

"Yeah," Chen Li nodded, but he didn't leave Wei Chen's embrace.

Today, Wei Zhenxiong was really being persistent. Ignored by everyone, he ended up sitting alone in the living room for over an hour, refusing to leave.

After more than an hour, Fang Yun returned.

As soon as Fang Yun entered, she noticed someone in the living room. At first, she thought the figure looked familiar, assuming it was a visitor. However, when she saw the face of the person in the living room, Fang Yun's expression turned dark.

"What are you doing here?" Fang Yun asked coldly, devoid of any of her previous compromising demeanor. There was absolutely no hint of emotion in her eyes.

In her eyes now, Wei Zhenxiong probably appeared less than a complete stranger.

"Fang Yun, you're back?" Wei Zhenxiong, oblivious to the coldness in Fang Yun's eyes, tried his best to appear gentle.

After being married for over twenty years, he naturally knew Fang Yun's soft temperament. He believed that a few kind words now would soften Fang Yun and make her return to him, even though they were already divorced.

Wei Zhenxiong was optimistic, and seeing Fang Yun again filled him with admiration. At first glance, he almost didn't recognize the woman before him as his ex-wife Fang Yun, whom he had spent more than twenty years with.

Fang Yun, when dressed up seriously, was surprisingly dazzling!

If previously Wei Zhenxiong had considered remarrying Fang Yun out of pressure from the elders, now he was somewhat willing.

Wei Zhenxiong's gaze towards Fang Yun was very direct. He even stood up, intending to hug her.

"Fang Yun, it's been a while. I've missed you a lot," Wei Zhenxiong said, thinking he was being affectionate.

Fang Yun dodged Wei Zhenxiong, her disgust evident in her eyes. "Wei Zhenxiong, quickly get far away from me!"

Wei Zhenxiong was taken aback, utterly unprepared for Fang Yun's reaction upon seeing him. He had envisioned tears, tantrums, but never this assertive command for him to leave.

Nevertheless, Wei Zhenxiong still believed that Fang Yun's strong exterior was just a facade, convinced that she had forgiven him deep down, especially since she had come seeking him herself.

"Fang Yun, I was wrong. I truly know I was wrong." Wei Zhenxiong forcefully held Fang Yun's hand, passionately expressing, "Let's remarry. I'll treat you well."

"Remarry?" Fang Yun chuckled in exasperation at Wei Zhenxiong's audacity. "Wei Zhenxiong, who gave you such audacity? Do you think I can't live without you?"

"Wei Zhenxiong, let me tell you! I've never lived so freely. Without you, I've discovered life's joys. Every breath is sweet with freedom. And you? What are you? I must have been blind in my past life to marry you, to endure for almost half my life!"