Ch. 292: Revoking the Position

Wei Chen's return was an unexpected turn of events for those who intended to oust him from the company while he was away. However, the previously scheduled board meeting naturally had to proceed.

The suddenness of this board meeting took Sheng Jiaqi by surprise as well. He only learned about it while working late at night, but he immediately grasped the underlying message conveyed.

A meeting had been arranged without his knowledge, and those under him desired Wei Chen's departure. Hence, they united with Chen Yunzeng's associates, clandestinely setting up a meeting.

As for the reasons, Sheng Jiaqi had a somewhat clear understanding.

During Chen Yunzeng's son's hundred-day celebration, due to his trust in Wei Chen, he hadn't successfully disrupted the trust between Wei Chen and himself. However, this didn't mean that those under him completely trusted Wei Chen. In fact, they probably already believed that Wei Chen had sided with Chen Yunzeng.

Due to these suspicions, they wanted Wei Chen to leave Changfeng.

How foolish! Utterly foolish!

If Wei Chen had truly allied with Chen Yunzeng, would Chen Yunzeng try so hard to make Wei Chen leave Changfeng?

When Sheng Jiaqi heard about this board meeting, he wished he could knock on his subordinates' heads to see what they were thinking. How did they so easily fall into someone else's scheme?

However, with things already set in motion, the board meeting was like an arrow on the bowstring, inevitable. Sheng Jiaqi couldn't prevent it. Thankfully, Wei Chen had returned, no longer in a position where he'd be forced into a corner.

As the time arrived, Sheng Jiaqi headed to the top floor's meeting room. Many might have been anticipating Wei Chen's downfall at Changfeng Group. Surprisingly, even those directors who usually found excuses to avoid meetings were present today. The meeting room might not have been completely full, but those who should have been there were present, and even those who shouldn't have been came along for the spectacle.

When Sheng Jiaqi entered, the once noisy meeting room fell silent. Several directors, upon meeting Sheng Jiaqi's gaze, averted their eyes, displaying signs of unease.

"Chairman, Deputy General Manager Wei has been unjustly suspended for over nine months. Are you aware? How does his actions serve the company's interests?" someone approached and expressed indignation, as if Wei Chen had committed some grievous offense against the company.

Sheng Jiaqi ignored the person and instead closed his eyes, seemingly awaiting something.

Two minutes later, the door of the meeting room swung open, and Wei Chen walked in with determined strides.

In theory, Wei Chen wasn't a part of the board, so naturally, he couldn't participate in the meeting. As soon as he entered, some directors stood up to ask him to leave.

"I asked him to come up," Sheng Jiaqi said, opening his eyes and looking at Wei Chen. "Deputy General Manager Wei, find yourself a seat."

Wei Chen found a place to sit without any expression on his face, handing the documents he carried to the Marketing Department Manager, Lu Wei, who had come in with him, instructing him to distribute the papers.

After Lu Wei finished distributing the documents, he stood behind Wei Chen quietly, merely a backdrop.

Once all confirmations were made, Sheng Jiaqi stood up from the chairman's position. "Since you claim that during Wei Chen's absence, he disregarded the company's interests, take a look at these documents in your hands. In these nine months, was there any drop in the company's performance?"