Ch. 219: Wounding a Thousand Enemies

Sheng Jiaqi quickly returned. Accompanying him was Zhuge Feng. After they both entered Sheng Jiaqi's office and closed the door, they were secluded from prying ears outside.

However, on the other side, once the door was closed, someone already knew that the three of them were together in the chairman's office, plotting who knows what.

At this moment, in Zhou Tongpeng's office.

Zhou Tongpeng had come back to work yesterday. He had been lying in the hospital for over a month. Zhou Tongpeng initially didn't want to return, but the events in the logistics department gave him an ominous feeling. He felt that something was about to happen, so he hastily left the hospital and rushed back to the company.

When he wasn't in the company, others might have plotted against him without his knowledge. But being present in the company would deter those targeting him from being so brazen. At least he could carve out some time for observation and counteraction.

Now, Zhou Tongpeng heard from his informant stationed close to Sheng Jiaqi that Sheng Jiaqi had summoned Wei Chen and Zhuge Yu for a conversation. The sense of unease in Zhou Tongpeng grew stronger, and he even felt like there was a fire burning intensely within him, making him restless.

Chen Yunzeng sat in Zhou Tongpeng's office chair, calmly watching Zhou Tongpeng pacing in front of him, spinning his phone in his hand, thinking about something.

As Zhou Tongpeng walked back and forth and met Chen Yunzeng's calm gaze, he sighed heavily and said, "Why do I feel like something big is about to happen?"

"What could be so significant?" Chen Yunzeng lightly smiled. "You're so anxious about a disturbance in the logistics department?"

"Mr. Chen, you don't understand Sheng Jiaqi. If he goes crazy, he can do anything," Zhou Tongpeng furrowed his brow, looking troubled. "I'm worried that he might use the logistics department incident as an excuse to thoroughly investigate the company's leadership. Mr. Chen, our people..."

Zhou Tongpeng paused and subconsciously swallowed, feeling a sense of fear. "Our people, they're not exactly clean." Among them, the least clean was Zhou Tongpeng himself, so he was afraid that Sheng Jiaqi would ignite the fire of anti-corruption. It was a time when the country was cracking down rigorously, and if Sheng Jiaqi found evidence, even with the backing of the Chen family, it might be futile.

"What are you afraid of?" Chen Yunzeng sneered. "Even if Sheng Jiaqi is clean, are his subordinates clean? Take Wei Chen, for instance. Not long ago, his partner's account received over thirty million. I checked, and at that time, Wei Chen happened to assign a business deal to a subsidiary in the southwest province. How could the southwest province handle such a huge business at that time? Do you believe this?"

Following Chen Yunzeng's words, Zhou Tongpeng pondered for a moment and quickly understood Chen Yunzeng's meaning. His eyebrows immediately lifted, and he said, "Mr. Chen, are you suggesting...?"

Chen Yunzeng nodded, his lips slightly curved, revealing a faint smile, quite cunning.

Zhou Tongpeng smiled knowingly. Since Sheng Jiaqi intended to use the pretext of the logistics department to target the company's leadership for corruption, Zhou Tongpeng could seize this opportunity to take down Sheng Jiaqi's right-hand man!

Chen Yunzeng twirled his phone in his hand. After witnessing Zhou Tongpeng's change of expression, a subtle smirk played at the corner of his mouth, perhaps mocking something.

...

Just as Zhou Tongpeng had anticipated, Sheng Jiaqi was indeed planning to leverage the corruption in the logistics department to escalate the situation and aggressively tackle corruption within the leadership.