Ch. 299: The Chen Family's Visit

Wei Hua thought earnestly and concluded that Grandfather Wei's sudden decision to attend his wedding boiled down to these two reasons.

Grandfather Wei wasn't a good parent but undoubtedly a complete businessman-always awake to the prospects of profit. Whatever the situation, he would meticulously weigh the benefits. Only after calculating the optimal gain would he decide whether to proceed or not.

In Wei Hua's view, such a life was exhausting, filled with constant calculations. However, this had become Grandfather Wei's norm, leading him to become more aloof as he elevated himself higher, gradually drifting away from familial bonds.

Both Wei Hua and Wei Chen, due to recent events, had entirely erased their reverence and admiration for Grandfather Wei. Even the affection for him as their elder had slowly faded away.

So, for this wedding, Wei Hua simply made a phone call to inform Grandfather Wei. Whether Grandfather Wei attended or not was of no concern to Wei Hua.

Of course, now that Grandfather Wei intended to attend his and Cookie's wedding, Wei Hua held the same attitude-indifference. It was like adding an extra pair of chopsticks at the banquet table.

However, what troubled Wei Hua wasn't Grandfather Wei's attendance at the wedding but the potential motives behind his visit, which could align with either of the two possibilities Wei Chen had mentioned. For both Wei Hua and Wei Chen, either scenario spelled trouble.

Grandfather Wei wasn't someone you could dismiss with a few casual words. Once he realized there was more significant gain to be had from Cookie or Chen Li, shaking him off would be difficult.

He was like a leech; once attached, getting rid of him was near impossible.

Such an assessment might sound disrespectful toward an elder, but respect had always been relative. In the past, Grandfather Wei was indeed the person Wei Hua respected the most, yet recent experiences had wiped away that sentiment entirely.

Seeing Wei Hua's concern, Wei Chen reached out, patting his shoulder. "Enemies will come and obstacles will rise, don't fret too much." At this moment, Wei Chen's expression remained as emotionless as ever, his gaze cold.

If Wei Hua had lost respect for Grandfather Wei, wasn't it the same for Wei Chen?

"Yeah," Wei Hua nodded. Indeed, they'd respond accordingly now; if Grandfather Wei wished to do something, let him. Ultimately, the success of his intentions depended on them.

Moreover, the current Wei Hua and Wei Chen were not the same as before. They no longer bowed to the Wei family's whims. They had their own capabilities and influence now. If it came to a confrontation with the Wei family, the Wei family would be at a disadvantage.

Just then, Cookie emerged in his wedding clothes. Wei Hua spotted him and didn't say anything to Wei Chen. He swiftly walked over, his gaze glued to Cookie.

Men's wedding attire didn't differ much from their usual formal wear. Perhaps due to the wedding suit factor, wearing it made one look much more handsome than usual.

Of course, some people saw through a filter, even multiple layers, like Wei Hua. He was completely captivated by Cookie's appearance, unable to shift his gaze, a silly grin plastered on his face.

Catching Wei Hua's intense gaze, Cookie felt happy but teased, "Stop drooling, it's not a good look."

Ignoring his comment, Wei Hua pulled Cookie into an embrace and planted a kiss on his lips, chuckling, "My dear, you look stunning!"

Cookie nudged Wei Hua with his elbow but didn't say anything, though a smile tugged at the corners of his lips.

Both Wei Hua and Cookie disliked trouble. Their wedding attire was a simple set they'd arranged in advance. Tailored to fit perfectly, after trying it on, the group of four left.