Ch. 230: A Banquet Like No Other

A commotion erupted at the entrance. Chen Yunzeng, who was in the midst of a conversation with guests, heard the name whispered by a hotel staff member. He quickly handed over the chubby little boy he was holding to his wife and rushed out.

Almost everyone's attention was now fixed on the entrance. When they finally saw the young man entering, their gazes couldn't help but freeze, and their thoughts immediately became active.

"Young Master." Chen Yunzeng went to meet him, standing respectfully in front of the newcomer, even though he appeared a few years older than this "young master."

The newcomer was none other than the young master of the Chen family, Chen Yunqi. The Chen family's status in the capital went without saying, and although Chen Yunzeng had known in advance that Chen Yunqi would come to his son's hundredth-day banquet, when Chen Yunqi actually arrived, Chen Yunzeng was ecstatic.

Chen Yunqi's presence was a confirmation of Chen Yunzeng's status. It was a way of telling the world that Chen Yunzeng was valued by the Chen family, which was a great honor and made him feel highly regarded, leaving him pleasantly surprised.

Even though Chen Yunzeng knew that Chen Yunqi's purpose for coming today wasn't to bless his son's hundredth day but rather because of Wei Chen.

Chen Yunqi nodded in his direction as a form of greeting. Chen Yunzeng quickly escorted Chen Yunqi to the seat of honor. On the way, Chen Yunzeng could see many eager faces, all of them wanting to make their presence felt in front of Chen Yunqi.

Chen Yunqi was accustomed to these glances and, ignoring them, followed Chen Yunzeng to the main table.

The main table was not where Chen Yunzeng and his wife's relatives sat; it was reserved for prominent figures. Sheng Jiaqi, not only the chairman of the Changfeng Group but also representing the Sheng family, naturally had the qualifications to sit at the main table.

Xu Hanzhen, the president of the Beijing Business Association, and Zhuge Feng was also seated at this table. Although the Zhuge family's influence had waned since the passing of their patriarch two years ago, their status was still relatively high due to the family's legacy.

Now that the other people at the table saw Chen Yunqi had arrived, they all stood up, except for Sheng Jiaqi and Zhuge Feng, who remained seated. After all, in the same context, Chen Yunqi was a generation younger than them.

Chen Yunqi understood this dynamic. As he arrived at the main table, he smiled and greeted Sheng Jiaqi and Zhuge Feng.

"Uncle Sheng, Uncle Zhuge."

Sheng Jiaqi, with a benevolent smile, looked at Chen Yunqi and waved his hand, "Yunqi has come too? Come on, sit here."

One of the people beside Sheng Jiaqi immediately vacated a seat when he heard this, retreating gracefully.

Chen Yunqi didn't hesitate and took the seat next to Sheng Jiaqi. With Chen Yunqi's arrival, the hundredth-day banquet for Chen Yunzeng's son officially began. While the proceedings followed tradition, the grandeur of this particular hundredth-day banquet was unparalleled.

A waiter carrying an appetizer tray passed by Wei Chen, casually slipping a small note into his lap. Wei Chen calmly opened the note, which was from Chen Yunzeng.

"The young master wants to see you, Room 6011 on the sixth floor. - Chen Yunzeng"

Wei Chen discreetly tossed the note aside and directed his gaze towards the main table. At that moment, Chen Yunqi had excused himself under the pretense of having some work to attend to. Their eyes met, and Chen Yunqi nodded in a friendly manner. Before Wei Chen could respond, Chen Yunqi turned and left.