Ch. 270: An Estate

The plane finally landed at LD City's airport in F country. The long flight had left Chen Li somewhat weary. Upon disembarking, Wei Chen held Chen Li's hand who was withered and weak.

However, Wei Chen interpreted Chen Li's weariness as merely a result of inadequate sleep and food.

The airplane meal didn't quite suit Chen Li's taste. However, with Wei Chen's insistence, Chen Li managed to finish the meal. Nevertheless, the unsatisfactory food failed to appease Chen Li's appetite. Coupled with insufficient sleep, upon landing, Chen Li naturally appeared fatigued.

Even though Wei Chen understood why Chen Li felt weary, he reached out and embraced Chen Li, allowing him to rest against him.

Wei Chen knew because he understood Chen Li. However, Chen Yunlan was unaware. Assuming Chen Li wasn't feeling well, he quickly approached, worried, and asked, "Xiao Li, what's wrong? Are you too tired?"

Chen Li shook his head in Wei Chen's embrace. "Dad, I'm fine," he said weakly, not sounding like someone who was fine at all.

Chen Yunlan assumed Chen Li was reassuring himself, growing increasingly anxious. He asked Wei Chen, "Should we take Xiao Li to the hospital for a check-up? I'm afraid his body can't handle this."

Wei Chen gently patted Chen Li's back and told Chen Yunlan, "No need. Once we arrive, I'll make sure he gets something delicious, and he'll be fine."

At the mention of something delicious, Chen Li's eyes lit up instantly. Nestled in Wei Chen's arms, he nodded repeatedly, no longer displaying the previous signs of weariness.

Seeing Chen Li in this state, Chen Yunlan finally relaxed and said with a smile, "Great, after arriving at the estate, we'll prepare a welcome feast for Xiao Li, guaranteed to make him happy."

Chen Li's eyes brightened a bit more.

As the three spoke, they passed through customs and heard a voice with a heavy F country accent.

"Chen Li, over here."

Turning in the direction of the voice, they saw a tall man waving at them. All three recognized this man, Sylvester, a friend of Zhuge Yu.

Sylvester had come to pick them up after receiving Zhuge Yu's notification but had forgotten to ask about the flight details. Consequently, to avoid missing Chen Li and the others, Sylvester had already waited at the airport for more than two hours.

During those two hours, Sylvester hadn't thought to call Zhuge Yu for the flight information. Of course, Sylvester wouldn't admit such a foolish mistake to them.

Surprisingly, when Sylvester saw Chen Yunlan, he was astounded. He hadn't expected Chen Yunlan to come to F country with Chen Li and Wei Chen, and Zhuge Yu hadn't mentioned it to him either.

No, Zhuge Yu did mention it, but in a rather mischievous manner. He only said that one more person would come with Chen Li and Wei Chen, and Sylvester's surprise was evident on his face, something Chen Yunlan noticed at a glance.

"Why, are you surprised to see me?" Chen Yunlan said fluently in F country's language to Sylvester.

Sylvester nodded, "Indeed, very surprised." After all, he knew that Zhuge Yu and Chen Yunlan didn't get along. How could Zhuge Yu let Chen Li and Chen Yunlan come to F country together?

As for how Chen Yunlan and Sylvester knew each other? The international art circle is vast; two well-known painters met at a few gatherings, which was entirely normal.

"Why did you come over?" Sylvester was puzzled, so he naturally asked.

Chen Yunlan didn't conceal it either, "I came to accompany Xiao Li."