Ch. 207: Rising Fame

The over 30 million yuan in Wu Zailin's account didn't stay for long. After obtaining Chen Li's account from Zhuge Yu, he transferred the money without keeping a penny.

When Chen Li received this money, he was having breakfast. His phone beeped with a message alert. Chen Li opened his phone and saw that over 30 million yuan had suddenly appeared in his account. Even Chen Li, who had little concept of money, was momentarily stunned.

"What's wrong?" Wei Chen, seeing Chen Li freeze upon receiving the message, thought something had happened and asked with some concern.

Chen Li shook his head and handed the phone to Wei Chen to let him read the message.

Over 30 million yuan was not a small sum for Wei Chen either. So, when he saw that such a large amount of money had suddenly appeared in Chen Li's account, he raised his eyebrows in surprise.

"This money?" Wei Chen asked.

After thinking for a while, Chen Li figured out who sent the money. "Yesterday, Senior Brother Wu Zailin came to see me and said a friend wanted to collect my painting, so I let him take one of my paintings."

Wei Chen immediately understood the source of this money. He couldn't help but reach out and ruffle Chen Li's hair, sincerely saying, "Li Li, you're amazing!"

Now, selling one painting brought in tens of millions. His wife was so good at making money; he felt a sense of pride.

Chen Li was pleased with Wei Chen's praise, his eyebrows curved, feeling very happy.

In Chen Li's eyes, this over 30 million wasn't as important as a word of praise from Wei Chen.

After finishing breakfast, Chen Li and Wei Chen went their separate ways-Wei Chen to work and Chen Li to school.

When Chen Li arrived at school, he informed Zhuge Yu of his decision. In the afternoon, Zhuge Yu took Chen Li's paintings and flew to Shanghai to begin preparations.

After that, Chen Li didn't inquire about the operations of Zhuge Yu and Wu Zailin. He didn't even know his current status in the art circle.

His daily life revolved around school and home, quite ordinary and routine.

However, Chen Li didn't know that his name was slowly making waves in the art circle of China.

*

Shanghai, Free Spirit.

Before, a piece of ink painting by Chen Li hung here, becoming the most popular painting in this month's exhibition. On regular days, only a few scattered people would visit the store, but today, before Chen Li's ink painting, several people were already standing there.

If they were from the art circle, they would surely know who these people were and marvel at what kind of painting it was. How could it attract several big shots from the collecting and painting circles, standing in front of this painting for a long time without leaving?

"Xiao Wu, come here," signaled an elegantly dressed old man to Wu Zailin, who was currently at the cash register.

Wu Zailin put down what he was doing, asked a staff in the store to handle the payment, and walked into the group of people.

"Xiao Wu, can you sell this painting?" the old man got straight to the point, not wasting any words. In fact, he hadn't chatted with Wu Zailin for several days, but every time the answer was a refusal.

This time was no different. "Uncle Wang, you know the rules of our store. The paintings on display are not for sale."

The answer was within the old man's expectations. He sighed disappointingly and then looked at this ink painting again.